Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Plusnet Forum  (Read 16868 times)

rongtw

Plusnet Forum
« on: June 07, 2018, 07:02:10 AM »

Hi , decided to post here to highlight problems with Plusnet forums becoming public .
Some here know me from the forum i used my normal name , i have been a contributor on the forum for more than 8 years , i got banned for highlighting the fact they had a forum troll and the Mods took no action ! This troll had 3 accounts on the forum which he used to intimidate members .
Since i was banned all reference to him has been removed from the forum there is a big thread here ,/ Community feedback / fancy banning rongtw    Now locked because JonoH community manager , says he has given enough information ?
Sorry But JonoH no longer reply's to Email sent from me 3 days ago .
They have also banned my wifes account for the forum , Plusnet were warned about making the forum public , so now i am denied access to a route to support because of this reason , it a sad day when plusnet customers are denied use of the forum.
Thanks for reading

Ron

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Plusnet Forum
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 07:29:58 AM »

I had been a customer of Plus Nets since 2003, having recently moved to Virgin I am no longer. I do remember you from the forums, but it's not a place I frequented very often so have no idea about whats gone on, there's always two sides. I have just skim read some posts in the thread you mention, but don't have the time to read all of it.

Given how much help you've been over the years perhaps a month or so ban would have been much more appropriate, but without the full details it's impossible to say.

Presuming you are not in contract you could always move provider, wash your hands of them completely.

There's always plenty of people here who need help as well.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 08:44:37 AM »

I totally missed what happened until I saw the thread started as a result of you being banned. I'm very suspicious that a total ban rather than a time limited ban was endorsed by Plusnet because you consistently highlighted their failings!
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

rongtw

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 09:19:46 AM »

Hi Jelv , yes there was some strange things posted by the troll under one of his alias now removed :(  he knew i was reading forum Via my wife's account , which he highlighted and he also used my first name ? .
To me the worst problem is the Plusnet manager refuses to join into a dialog about this either on the forum or on Email .
And as you may have read post by robPN that all reference to any of the troll posts have been removed but mine have not ?
Also when JonoH kept saying St3 did not have all the facts , when he did i have been his friend for over 8 years and we regularly discussed the troll , and i forwarded all the emails from mods and Pn staff for him to read

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 09:52:40 AM »

as another previous plusnet forum member (and plusnet customer), the place is a clique with the chosen few allowed to do what they want.
the mods will never admit it, but they have their favourites.

i got a 7 day ban, which was then not lifted after 7 days.
they evnetually contacted me to let me know the ban would be lifted if i agreed to their stipulations.
i explained that the reason for the ban was flawed and as such i did not agree to their stipulations.
therefore i imposed my own permanent ban by not grovelling to be allowed back in.

i have never agreed with plusnet allowing customers to moderate what is essentially the primary support method for plusnet.
the forum should be moderated and controlled solely by plusnet staff.

i wonder if GDPR could be invoked and demand all your data be removed from their forums.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 09:54:50 AM by chenks »

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 01:22:09 PM »

I'll only say that I'm sorry that you are not there anymore, except that how was it proven that three then members were the same person?

rongtw

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 03:03:09 PM »

Hi renluop , we were never 100% sure but it was more than a coincidence that after the first one disappeared Notinmyname , mods never admitted he was banned  because everyone was complaining about him .
Then strangely enough  a HappyHijabi arrived , the Hijab was the notinmyname sig picture strange as his posts where all of the similar ilk and all pointed at them who complained previously , then he dissapeared for a month ?  so another one appeared alanj
once again he starts being obtrusive  when i got banned he did as well , but the follwing day he returned as HappyHijabi pointing out that i had been banned and my wifes account was also banned ? dont know how he knew that

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 03:52:54 PM »

Thank you. does seem a little too coincidental.

4candles

• Kitizen
  • Not young enough to know everything
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 07:59:18 PM »

Hi rongtw,

Good to see you back in print!  :)
Obviously I'm not aware of all the facts behind why you were permanently banned. Nothing that I saw in your forum contributions would in my view justify it. I cannot imagine what horrendous 'crime' on a forum could ever justify it.
Anyway, after 10½ years here I can thoroughly recommend the Kitz forum - hope you stick around.
To err is human - to purr feline
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 08:48:06 PM »

I guess that the final problem was that it at least looked like rongtw created another account to circumvent the temporary ban.

rongtw

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 10:27:20 PM »

Hi EJS nice to see you , the account i used was my wife's that i created in case i needed to sneak around unknown  :)
Which as a public forum , i am allowed to do if i had 20 names there is no problem :)

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2018, 10:45:21 PM »

When you used your wife's account was it to post in relation to the issues that led to your main account being banned or was it to raise an issue when you needed support? From what I've seen it was the latter.

rongtw

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 09:45:34 AM »

Hi Jelv , yes the main reason for this account was to gain access to support if needed   , but it also allowed me to find out that alanj came back on as happyhijabi  , it was also nice to be able to see the posts on my friends St3 thread in support of me which was locked by Plusnet .
But that was after PN staff kept telling st3 he did not have all the facts , when he told them he was a old friend and had always been in contact with me and i had shared Emails from JonoH they decided to lock it , because Yes he had all the facts .

Ps Plusnet have now unblocked my IP on the forum but still not allowed to post ? so i can read only
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 09:48:29 AM by rongtw »

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 10:01:21 AM »

Ps Plusnet have now unblocked my IP on the forum but still not allowed to post ? so i can read only

they did that with me too.
the banned the IP address from even being able to load various pages on the plusnet website (including the forum).

when i informed them they were restricting my ability to manage and seek support on my account they claimed it was a mistake and wasn't their intention and removed that block.

personally i think they have no idea what they are doing and plusnet are basically allowing customers to run their whole forum-based support network. JonoH comes across as a guy you'd happilly punch in the face continually and has shoulders so slippery you could use them as an ice rink.

i've always been of the opinion that if moderation must be done by non-employees then appointed forum modersators should have a set term (just like a president) and after that expires you lose moderation control and it passes to someone else. this would keep moderation fresh and remove the posibility of favouritism and cliques - something that is rife amongst the plusnet "community".

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 10:14:10 AM »

If you look at the censorship that occurs on forums such as BT's where unfavourable topics are removed I'm in favour of customer moderation. But the problem is that there are fewer moderators on the Plusnet forums now than there were when the customer base was less than a tenth of the size it is now. If there were say 10 moderators, with one or two allocated to keep an eye on each board it would be better, especially if the moderators rules said things like bans had to be endorsed by half of the moderators at least. Providing the moderators came from a wide base and not just from the clique it would be much better than what they have now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

anything