Announcements > Site Announcements

Forum mail problem for those using Microsoft email addresses - Again!

(1/10) > >>

kitz:
Notification to members that emails to any of the following domains are being bounced -  Yet again!

@live.com
@outlook.com
@hotmail.com

This is affecting the registration confirmation for new forum members and notifications for subscribed topics & personal messages.
Yet again we appear to be an innocent victim of Microsoft's 'Smart Filter' despite following all their rules.
The domain is clean and definitely not on any blacklists - See MX Toolbox Blacklist check.

------------

This is the third time this has happened.  Both times in the past Microsoft admitted it was an error on their part and we should not have been blacklisted and agreed to mitigate the domain.   
We are not the only reputable site this is happening to and its becoming an irksome routine for many other websites too.

See here and here

TBF I do not have time today to spend the hours that it takes chasing MS and am so fed up of their ridiculously broken system that I am considering blacklisting all their email addresses if I can find a way which doesn't affect existing members accounts.

Chrysalis:
yeah just ban freemail addresses, Microsoft emails system also has been broken for years on their algorithms, same with outlook in office as well but at least on that the filters can be disabled

d2d4j:
Hi kitz

Ohh dear

My best advice to you would be not to block Microsoft. It is very well used by many and blocking Microsoft would only hurt kitz, not Microsoft

As this is the third time, I would simply reply back to the very last email received confirming you should have been whitelisted, and explain that it has happened again, and ask politely to have it corrected ASAP please. Also quote your original 2 ticket numbers.

This should save a lot of time of going through the same hoops to be whitelisted as they will be able to read the previous tickets.

I would consider it may have happened due to Microsoft changes for GDPR perhaps

I am sorry if I wrong but good luck, and my offer still stands if you ever need the use of it.

Many thanks

John

kitz:
Confirmation that the block has been removed this morning.

--- Quote ---Conditionally mitigated

Our investigation has determined that the above IP(s) qualify for conditional mitigation.

Mitigation may take 24 - 48 hours to replicate completely throughout our system.
--- End quote ---

Like I say, fed up that I have to jump through hoops every few months.    I can block people from these domains from signing up for new accounts, but that would also impact on existing members.   If I can find a way of doing so then I damn well will.

My webhosts also had this to say

--- Quote ---Lately they have been denying messages from legitimate servers and they provide no information as to why this occurs.
Microsoft have no automatic way of providing details for these cases.

--- End quote ---

What a stupid system whereby each time I have to start from scratch again and prove that:  I am not on any RBL blacklists, that I don't have a bad mail reputation and get my hosts to confirm there is no suspicious  behaviour or spam messages sent from my server  >:( >:(

burakkucat:
<Sigh!>  :wall:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version