Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: ECI G.INP- Updated info April 2018  (Read 18552 times)

forceware

Re: ECI G.INP- Updated info April 2018
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2020, 01:14:21 PM »

Has this been spotted by anyone in the wild yet?

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2020, 01:21:36 PM »

Far from the wild but 19 Plusnet users have it and it appears to be working for them.  No guarantees though it was working for virtually everyone last time and they still canned it.  Not convinced anywhere near 100000 trial users have it it may only be the 19 on Plusnet at the moment.  More details https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=24403.0

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2020, 01:46:56 PM »

As ktz392837 said there are a few of us on here who have it (including myself).   The only cases we have seen so far though are those from Plusnet who Bob submitted and it seems to be working nicely so far for us.   :fingers:

It was supposed to be ISP opt in which usually means Openreach [randomly] selects how ever many trialists they need from across the ISP's userbase.   I would have thought that at least BTr would have opted in.  That said the average BTr/Sky/TT user is unlikely to notice any difference especially if they are using ISP modems which don't show information about the bearers.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2020, 09:34:40 AM »

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2020, 09:38:52 AM »

As I pointed out on another thread my line (ECI cabinet) had G.INP enabled this morning. So far so good. I'm with TalkTalk. So I suspect some others here in Thanet which has 99% ECI cabinets also may well have it. I'm using my ZyXEL 3925 router btw.

Stuart
ISP:TalkTalk Connection:FTTC Cab:ECI Router:Netgear D6220

sof006

« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2020, 02:38:57 PM »

Any news of Newcastle Upon Tyne getting this? I'd say 99% of Newcastle uses ECI based exchanges.

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2020, 03:07:55 PM »

I have asked in the News thread for the same topic if anyone had any news on what Plusnet may be doing.  It appears it will be down to ISP to request it at this point according to the article.  I would hope just everyone would get it at some point though.

The news thread and discussion is here also.  Pity can't be combined to avoid confusion but members may be subscribed to different threads.  Perhaps this one could be closed as original subject was Ginp 2018 not 2020?

https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=24403.0
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 03:12:58 PM by ktz392837 »

Dave2150

« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2020, 02:09:26 PM »

Still waiting for G.INP to be enabled on my aluminium line (ECI & aluminium, what a desirable combo..).  I'd have thought we'd have heard more news of the second "trial" by now - with perhaps a notice of when ISP's have to replace non functioning modems with models certified to work well with ECI/G.INP.

Sadly the last big FTTP rollout news doesn't include my area (Port Talbot, South Wales), so I'm likely to remain with this terrible line for years to come. Hoping for good G.INP news soon!

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Zen ECI line stats
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2020, 02:14:37 PM »

Been waiting since 2016... zen tell me they have no option to put lines forward even though  they are on the trial.

Be great to see it again but who knows when....
Zen 80/20 - Zyxel VMG3925-b10b(bridge mode) + Opnsense(i5 Qotom) with IPV6 , AC-88U WAP- ECI cab,

click for ECI VDSL cab line stats

click for line stats by pi3/Huawei VDSL cab 

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2020, 03:16:27 PM »

This isn't an area based trial, but ISP opt in. 

I am assuming [based on previous Openreach trials] that the ISP originally had 2 methods of opting in:
1) Offering all of their lines to be part of the trial or
2) Offering a limited number of lines.

Method 1.
Openreach randomly selects approx 50% of lines to be actively on the trial whilst the other 50% are used as a baseline comparison.
At the beginning of the trial, Openreach will usually advise the ISP a list of all the lines actively selected and the ISP has a few days to withdraw any particular lines from the list that they don't wish participating in the trial.

Method 2.
This is usually reserved for smaller trials or if the ISP wants to actively monitor the effects of the trial more closely. 
It is usually only staff lines which are submitted using this method.    I suspect this may be the method Bob Pullen used and it will be why he couldn't submit any more lines after the cut off date and why he was interested in the results of those who were put on the trial by asking them to post in the thread.

We did hear from a fairly reputable source that Openreach did at one point suspend any new lines being added to the trial.  However bearing in mind that we've since seen at least one more ISP go on the trial, IMO it's more likely that they are not accepting any more submissions via method 2 - which did have a hard cut-off date anyhow.
In that case it will be true what the respective ISPs are saying in that they do not have any choice which lines get G.INP activated and which don't.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Dave2150

« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2020, 03:51:01 PM »

This isn't an area based trial, but ISP opt in. 

I am assuming [based on previous Openreach trials] that the ISP originally had 2 methods of opting in:
1) Offering all of their lines to be part of the trial or
2) Offering a limited number of lines.

Method 1.
Openreach randomly selects approx 50% of lines to be actively on the trial whilst the other 50% are used as a baseline comparison.
At the beginning of the trial, Openreach will usually advise the ISP a list of all the lines actively selected and the ISP has a few days to withdraw any particular lines from the list that they don't wish participating in the trial.

Method 2.
This is usually reserved for smaller trials or if the ISP wants to actively monitor the effects of the trial more closely. 
It is usually only staff lines which are submitted using this method.    I suspect this may be the method Bob Pullen used and it will be why he couldn't submit any more lines after the cut off date and why he was interested in the results of those who were put on the trial by asking them to post in the thread.

We did hear from a fairly reputable source that Openreach did at one point suspend any new lines being added to the trial.  However bearing in mind that we've since seen at least one more ISP go on the trial, IMO it's more likely that they are not accepting any more submissions via method 2 - which did have a hard cut-off date anyhow.
In that case it will be true what the respective ISPs are saying in that they do not have any choice which lines get G.INP activated and which don't.

Thanks for the info. I'm with BT retail, haven't been able to find any info whether they took part in the trial or not. I'd assume they would, but you never know!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2020, 02:12:42 AM »

Update:  Had an email from someone with Sky who has recently had G.INP switched on for their ECI line. 
Not sure if it makes any difference, but their account is what was one of the ex BE* Sky Pro accounts.
-----

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2020, 02:54:58 AM »

Good news that lines are still being added to the trial.  I do hope it gets through the trial and rolled out. I wished there was a bit more information on timescales.

art37

« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2020, 09:54:22 AM »

My line was G.INP-enabled 12 days ago (AAISP). The uncorrected error rate was negligible and speed increased by 9M. G.INP was removed last night. :'(

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2020, 11:10:10 AM »

Mine was enabled 55+ days ago and is still OK. I do have an issue on my upstream which is not enabled where I get burst of errors some times, mainly during the working week, this morning I've had 490 ES upstream which started around 7am with 20 rising to 200 between 8 & 9am now dropping back. Just hope this does not cause DLM to get involved. My downstream is as solid as a rock at 67meg. Those ES up have caused a load of SES during that period.

Stuart
ISP:TalkTalk Connection:FTTC Cab:ECI Router:Netgear D6220
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

anything