Announcements > Site & Forum Discussion

Donations to Kitz Site

(1/2) > >>

toulouse:
Hello all,
I made a donation to the site this morning via PayPal, and would be more than happy to do so again.

Until quite recently I had been donating to Tony as a small gesture and in order to say thank you to him for providing such a useful tool as MyDSLWebStats. These donations were made automagically via PayPal once per month from the time I set it up until February 2018. I would be quite happy to make a similar arrangement in favour of kitz.co.uk if someone can tell me how I can set up a regular payment via PayPal. It would certainly be a great help if this could be automated, as my memory ain't what it used to be - plenty of senior moments and I just keep forgetting 'stuff'.

TTFN

toulouse

kitz:
Thank you :)

--- Quote --- if someone can tell me how I can set up a regular payment via PayPal.
--- End quote ---

I'm afraid I can't take "subscriptions" for a couple of reasons.
[*] The additional PP processing fee would negate any donations I do receive.  Whilst I have received several donations the past month (thank you!) more often than not I don't get any and if I do then the $10 processing fee on top of them taking their usual 3.4% + 20p commission would wipe out most of the funds I do get.
[*] Subscriptions would come under tighter regulation for GDPR.  Its one of the reasons I don't run a subscription based forum which would provided preferential services or areas to members who subscribe.  To do so, I'd need to keep & store records of who has subscribed.   At the moment I don't and any personally identifying records for donations are held by paypal..  thus they are responsible for GDPR requirements (I note they sending out new Legal agreements this week). 

toulouse:
Ok, thanks for explaining that. I just didn't make the connection with GDPR, but I do understand where you are coming from.

I will therefore use another method to remind me to make a donation each month starting in April, and I hope that will help to lighten your load a little.

Mick

kitz:
Update

I now have a donate button which should allow automatic donations which is available from the RH side of this page.

Please note that if anyone does use this,  I will not be storing any personal data nor be able to set up anything to send automated thank you replies as I don't want the additional GDPR burdens.  All data will be held solely by PP who are currently making their systems GDPR compliant.

----
Thank you to Tony for his help and sharing some of his code allowing me to cobble something together.   The problem I had was that the kitz site PP account is a Premier account and at some point within the past year PP stopped UK residents from opening new Premier accounts and generation of any new buttons...  forcing business rates for recurring payments. MDWS was also the same type account and I was able to rehash his code with the site id and it seems to be working ok.  Thanks also to Tony for testing the code and donating

Westie:
[slightly OT]
@kitz
Does the banner ad at the top of the page generate revenue:
1. If the page is reloaded?
2. When the ad is clicked?
3. Only the first time one of the above happens?
4. When the ad is clicked and the product is bought?
5. Something else?

I know revenue has to reach a certain threshold before payment is made, and I am aware that the actual amount is relatively small, but maybe I can help a little by changing my viewing habits. At the moment I ignore the ads completely. Thanks.
[/slightly OT]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version