Computers & Hardware > Apple Related

Superb s/w quality and compat printer for iOS devices wanted

(1/2) > >>

Weaver:
Does anyone know of a really really solid colour printer that works 100% with Apple iOS devices with Airprint (or whatever), no funny extra software required? Software quality is top requirement then hardware quality then that's all, don't care about price.

How would I find one?

Any other good Apple forums about?

Deathstar:
Our Canon MG5750 does flawlessly. Daughter used it last night from her iPad to print out her homework last night.
Airprint from MS Word.

You have the option for single sided or duplex.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Weaver:
indeed had thought about Canon. Many thanks for that tip.

Keep them coming.

Weaver:
@deathstar - if you lose power, does it remember the wlan password and so on or do you have to configure it again by hand ? One nightmare about the current one we have.

Another question - is there any wired ethernet i/f on it?

Deathstar:
Hi Weaver,

No problems with power loss and WiFi passwords. I am often disconnecting the power without powering down. It just complains when you turn it back on that it was not powered down correctly.

There is no Lan connection, just USB.
Bonjour is set to on as default, so no apple issues
Once the initial setup has happened via the front panel and you have it associated your WiFi you can then remotely configure it.

I've the low end model, as I needed it quickly for work. But I assume the higher end ones may have a wired port.

As a side note, when I got my Mac earlier this year, it just seen it and worked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version