Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

Hey kitz, latency on demand

<< < (2/4) > >>

guest:
I'm not entirely sure how fast my line goes - about 2.1MB/sec I think, but I can run it at 100MB/minute with no appreciable increase in latency, which is what I'm interested in. 100MB/min is a convenient figure too :)

The line that currently has "latency on demand" looks better than mine so assuming that we ever find the master socket(s) I think one Be/O2 line and one UKO line would provide the desired performance/resilience.

kitz:
>> The line that currently has "latency on demand" looks better than mine so assuming that we ever find the master socket(s) I think one Be/O2 line and one UKO line would provide the desired performance/resilience.

and also assuming that no-one has made any weird settings in the router QoS...  but yeah if its looking like a repeat of what you saw, then probably so.

guest:
Does the Voyager 240 have any QoS? I can't tell if it does or not as it wants a username/password for most of the web interface.

kitz:
I'm not 100% certain, but iirc the 240 is the "4 port wired only" version of the 210/2100/2110/2091 family of Voyagers all based on the same/similar broadcom chipset. 
Therefore its very likely to have QoS as the others do available from the web interface.  This family of router also has quite a powerful (but unfortunately undocumented by Voyager) CLI ... even more so if you telnet into the busybox shell.

kitz:
>> it wants a username/password for most of the web interface

Just a thought...  This trick isnt guaranteed to work - but it is something I noticed that sometimes occurs with the 2100 ilks and could possibly be a quirk in one of the firmware versions but its worth a try if you can already access the line stats.

Rather than use Advanced from the left hand side of the menu - which definitely will ask to you input the username and passy again. 
See on the center of the page in the RightHand Frame theres a link there that says "Click Advanced...|Status"
For some reason on the 210/2100s it doesnt ask for UN confirmation if you go via that link.

----
PS should also add, just in case they havent changed it.
Default Username = Admin
Password = Admin  or Password.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version