Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Rogue Traders.  (Read 2010 times)

dave.m

• Kitizen
Rogue Traders.
« on: May 28, 2008, 01:25:47 AM »

So, now mediums, soothsayers and clairvoyants are going to have to tell customers that what they do is for 'Entertainment Purposes Only'.
They should have seen it coming.  :lol: :lol:

As they are not the only ones who go on about their beliefs without any factual evidence are we going to see Entertainment warnings above the doors of certain other premises?

"Dearly Beloved, We are gathered here today, for entertainment purposes only, to witness the marriage of . . . "  >:D

dave

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
Re: Rogue Traders.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 02:44:48 AM »

I had a Taro reading a couple of times.

And I tell you what, the first time, she told me things about myself that only "I would ever know" :-X
Being the sceptic "I was" I would not and did not reveal any info that she could have used later in her readings.
That was scary, not entertainment, but good non-the-less.

To start with, her shop was about 4 miles away and normally I drive like a bat out of hell, but with it being a Sunday I decided to take a nice Sunday driver attitude. (boring)
Even on a dual carriageway I couldn't even be bothered overtaking a car in front of me with these 2 ladies in it.

Four miles later we both pulled up outside the same shop.

Yea, you guessed it, one of the ladies was the Taro reader.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 10:16:52 AM »

So, now mediums, soothsayers and clairvoyants are going to have to tell customers that what they do is for 'Entertainment Purposes Only'.
They should have seen it coming.  :lol: :lol:

As they are not the only ones who go on about their beliefs without any factual evidence are we going to see Entertainment warnings above the doors of certain other premises?

"Dearly Beloved, We are gathered here today, for entertainment purposes only, to witness the marriage of . . . "  >:D

dave

:lol: :lol: good one

But I have to say.....if they have to give this warning then all "spiritual" organisations - bodies should do so too.... every one of em... even the Pope  ;)  What I'd like to know is, do peeps get their money back if they don't get what they want from the Church (like miracles, blessings, god being in touch with one et al?)
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 03:08:14 PM »

What I'd like to know is, do peeps get their money back if they don't get what they want from the Church

You mean if you don't get to heaven can you claim a refund?

Wonder if that comes under the Distant Selling Rules, like buying something on the web, with a three month cooling off period. If you didn't get to heaven and finished up in t'other place you could probably do with a cooling off period.  :lol:

dave

Accordion

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 07:13:03 PM »

I would like to point out that fortune tellers and the like actually sell their 'services' as opposed to church service which are free to attend. The offering is entirely voluntary.

Just thought I'd mention that.