Computer Software > General software

Adobe Reader Issue

<< < (2/2)

tiffy:

--- Quote from: tbailey2 on October 27, 2017, 03:23:14 PM ---Strange  :-\ I have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (to give it its full name) latest version 2017.012.20098 installed on two separate Windows 8.1 64-bit installations running fine here....

Edit:
Just spotted you say Adobe reader XI - that is old hat I believe and was superseded by V12:

https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

Obviously deselect the McAfee options if you don't need them.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I also had Adobe Acrobat Reader DC running perfectly until yesterday when I routinely tried to open a router manual, then "nothing" as reported, see earlier posts, this thread.

I dropped back to Adobe XI to see if that would work but just the same.

As I said, no updates recently performed on the reader or Windows or anything else so can't understand what happened ?

tbailey2:
Sorry I missed that...

Assuming you make regular backups can you restore something from a few weeks back to see that cures it and may give a clue. Or do a system restore from a while back?

tiffy:
Yes, I do make regular backups and I could roll back but to be honest I can't be bothered, reading various forums on many similar issues with little or no assistance being given by Adobe has but me off sticking with Adobe Reader, as I said earlier, it's become too bloated now for my liking especially since the DC revision, I have very modest requirements and there are a lot of much simpler, free alternative pdf viewers available to try out.

tiffy:
Don't know if it's a coincidence, but my IE 11 has also stopped working at or around the same time as Adobe Acrobat Reader, tries to start but then advises "not responding" and has to be closed down, I abandoned IE in favour of Firefox many years ago after problems with my on line banking, only started using it again very recently to run the BT WS Performance Tester after Firefox started returning incorrect DS speed readings. (see other thread)

Currently using Pale Moon browser for running BT WS Performance Tester, still reluctant to give up Firefox completely as my default browser despite the impending changes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version