Announcements > News Articles

XdB - Proof of Concept on GEA-FTTC ECI

<< < (9/10) > >>

kitz:
I havent checked the figures, but iirc Tony got those figures from the DMT page as I have a vague recollection of a convo a few years back about me having no probs with him using info which can help MDWS users as at the end of the day, we are both trying to help EU's where we can.

Anyways, if so,  its definitely not about them being able to 'handle', it's more about what they decide to set.  Different DSLAM manufacturers have always set very slightly different bandplans.  As long as they are centered around the same stop-band then there is no issue.  They know what the stop-gap is as defined in the TR [whatever # it is] and its up to them to decide how many tones to leave on each side in case of bleed - its more about line stability.   

The most over zealous manufacturer I can think of is the manufacturer of BE MSANs (mental block atm for name), whose MSANs where also in use in other European countries and who decided to block certain HAM tones -  even though they werent an issue in the UK.

So what that ECI decided to block an extra tone each side of the stop gap - its about 8 tones in total.  Even if the line was fully bitloaded on those tones (which they arent because of other things such as PCB and PSD) then youre talking at max 448 kbps. 
In reality even if you have a short line its more like 228kbps, (longer lines will be even less) and I'm ignoring the end tones they could make use of which could give a bit back.

Srsly even though I'm on an ECI,  I can think of much worse things to complain about rather than something that averages out somewhere in the region of about 150kbps -  or less for short lines.  ::)

tbailey2:
Just a note that the user I detected was on an ECI cab has confirmed he is - he knows since he says 'I put the tie cables in'  :) 

He is user DSL34 on MDWS...

tbailey2:

--- Quote from: kitz on September 25, 2017, 11:21:19 PM ---I havent checked the figures, but iirc Tony got those figures from the DMT page as I have a vague recollection of a convo a few years back about me having no probs with him using info which can help MDWS users as at the end of the day, we are both trying to help EU's where we can.

--- End quote ---
Quite correct, thanks.

kitz:

--- Quote ---user DSL34
--- End quote ---

Something odd about that line according to stats.   Capped at 20/10.  Attainable 54/18

skyeci:
I don't recall seeing user Semmy who is now showing as g.inp enabled too...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version