Computer Software > General software

Karenware - KPT Replicator

(1/1)

kitz:
I think a few people on this forum use Replicator for a backup solution (or at least did) because its fairly lightweight and does what it says on the tin.
If you do use it then please read the following.

I noticed fairly recently that it didn't appear to be backing up correctly.  It took me a while to notice as I wasnt getting any obvious error messages and at first glance it appeared to be copying fine.   On closer inspection I noticed it appears to have difficulty with any new directories after a recent Win10 update.

From what I can see at MajorGeeks, they are aware there is a problem and there is a quick-fix for the Local directory but I dont think that covers the issue with new directories in other locations.

Although on Majorgeeks it says quote

--- Quote --- Also, if you were running Replicator before the update when the ACL was added to those reparse points, it would continue to work
--- End quote ---

From my own observations it now also seems broken regardless.  Hopefully someone will be able to find a proper solution. :fingers:

Browni:
There's a possible solution posted at the end of this thread on Windows Secrets.

I don't use Karen's Replicator so am unable to verify.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version