Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

Today's shock resync

<< < (2/8) > >>

renluop:

--- Quote from: d2d4j on June 03, 2017, 11:26:09 PM ---Hi

I meant if there are multi network connections (does not matter if hardwired or wifi, mixed or same), you have multiple exit entry points, and could transmit on either

If your not sure what I mean, try setting 2 connections on same gateway (windows immediately gives a warning)

I could be wrong, which I do not mind been wrong and I did say others may disagree, which I do not mind, but I have seen it in action/real life with clients

Many thanks

John

--- End quote ---
I'm lost! :-[ :'(

d2d4j:
Hi

Sorry, thinking about how best to explain

Please could I ask how you know which connection is been used for dslstats

Come to that, how do you know which connection is been used mostly, or if the connection changes mid session (connection)

I believe you cannot, nor can you dictate which connection only to use, as windows pc software does not have this capability

Also, if the wifi devices are connected to the network, and your pc is only hardwited to the network, all access to the wifi devices are available as there on the same network (different networks may not be the case)

As i said though, I could be wrong so apologies in advance

Many thanks

John

roseway:
I see what you mean John.

I know very little about Windows, but surely you can disable the WiFi interface in the PC, so you can be sure that it's only connecting by direct ethernet?

renluop:

--- Quote from: d2d4j on June 03, 2017, 11:40:26 PM ---Hi

Sorry, thinking about how best to explain

Please could I ask how you know which connection is been used for dslstats

Come to that, how do you know which connection is been used mostly, or if the connection changes mid session (connection)

I believe you cannot, nor can you dictate which connection only to use, as windows pc software does not have this capability

Also, if the wifi devices are connected to the network, and your pc is only hardwited to the network, all access to the wifi devices are available as there on the same network (different networks may not be the case)

As i said though, I could be wrong so apologies in advance

Many thanks

John

--- End quote ---
My assumption was that by having an Ethernet cable between router and computer, that would be the situation. I guess that's not so, then?

d2d4j:
Hi

@roseway, glad I explained slightly better hopefully sorry

On most windows computers, laptops and all xbox360/one, when hardware network is detected as been active, wifi is turned off automatically (you can over ride this and turn wifi back on though, so you then have multi connections)

Yes, you can disable wifi, but you are best advised to restart pc if you disable wifi, as I do not know the state/condition of pc, so any routes maybe flushed

Personally I would set to hardwired, disable wifi and restart pc. Then leave it as is (no changes) for 7 days or until floating point is seen again

As I said this may or may not the issue with floating point, but you need to exclude it as a cause, and as I said, I have only ever seen floating point error when wifi had an issue (this is nothing to do with dslstats but wifi), and I understand I will have some issues if using wifi with dslstats, so I accept that

Many thanks and I hope that helps a little, but sorry if I'm wrong

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version