Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30

Author Topic: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?  (Read 112968 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2017, 01:21:17 PM »

Welcome to the forums Steven_W, I'm not far from you on the Wimpy estate,  and Stuart (username  Broadstairs) is also in Broadstairs.

CLOKent works for VM and posted earlier in the thread,  it might pay to PM him/her. They're holding an open day on the 5th August at WWX and CLOKent will be there.

Hopefully working conditions have improved. I'll probably run my own duct from the T back to where  I  need it, as I've built a cable entry point into my house with tubing leading back to my server room,  hopefully it'll be suitable. Although by the sounds of it they'll be glad of anything which keeps installation time and costs down.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2017, 07:16:29 PM »

Hi Steven. As Ronski has pointed out, CLOKent is a VM representative so you could try contacting him for any assistance. I would add that if you've got previous experience in civils (and hold an up-to-date NRSWA ticket) then you'll probably be of some interest to the contractors.

Without giving figures, the VM rollout in Thanet has only just scratched the surface when it comes to km's of fibre laid out of the whole total proposed.

If I remember, I might drop in at the WWX open day. It will give me an excuse to grab another a burger at Five Guys  ;D

hornet156

« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2017, 10:34:49 PM »

hi has anyone else noticed they have missed out The Hawthorns on the wimpy estate when they laid the cables looks like they have done all the other cul de sac's but just missed out The Hawthorns
just my luck

ive just looked on Roadworks.org and there is no scheduled road works for the hawthorns in the next 12 months dose anyone know any diffrent ??

cheers Hornet156

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2017, 10:52:46 PM »

Rest assured The Hawthorns is on the list (permit will appear in due course when processed - if nothing has been processed then Roadworks.org won't show anything).

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2017, 08:31:27 AM »

So far the Crow Hill area has not been added to roadworks.org but just up the road where it joins Lindenthorpe Road they are working and behind us in what is known as the chessboard area is also being done so I am hopeful being so close we will get done soon after.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2017, 07:36:14 PM »

There are a number of permits for Broadstairs in the queue for processing. More are continuing to come in everyday so it's almost certain that whichever road you're looking for will appear at some point.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2017, 08:00:15 PM »

There are a number of permits for Broadstairs in the queue for processing. More are continuing to come in everyday so it's almost certain that whichever road you're looking for will appear at some point.

That's what I am hoping for and will continue to look each month.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2017, 07:30:51 PM »

Did anyone manage to go to the open day at WWX? I had other things going on so couldn't make it.

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2017, 11:01:41 PM »

No. Totally forgot about it. Plus it started to chuck it down this afternoon so didn't fancy going out anyway.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2017, 05:50:39 PM »

The rest of the Wimpy estate has appeared on Roadworks.org  scheduled for the end of October.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2017, 03:52:04 PM »

Things clearly seem to be improving with VM, which is good news.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7788-are-the-dark-days-over-for-virgin-media-customers

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2017, 07:28:27 PM »

I don't know where Ashford or Folkestone reside in that graph but Dover is positioned in the worst spot if below 1 is good.
Quoting the post by UnisoftUK from the TBB link:

still rubbish for downloading any files in any web browser (single thread) in the Temple Ewell, Kearsney, River and Dover areas.... 1-6mbps on average on VIVID 200 Gamer. The CMTS is still end of life Motorola/River Delta. Even upstream affected in evenings now and down to 4-6mbps. Latency getting higher. Not even on a crowded cabinet, and never had a history in this area of over utilisation. Power levels, SNR are fine on the Hub 3.0. Started happening towards end of 2016 when on Superhub 2AC. ADSL is actually faster.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 07:31:49 PM by Zico »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2017, 07:33:17 PM »

Yes Dover is in the worse spot, and unisoftuk mentions in the comments that Dover is bad, perhaps they haven't got round to sorting Dover out yet.

Edit. You beat me to it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 07:37:12 PM by Ronski »

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2017, 02:32:53 PM »

The Dover hubsite is missing space/power/aircon for the new equipment to be put in.

It's going to need the older Motorola equipment removing and the new CMTS installing over night as a 'hot swap'.

In addition going forward it's going to need more advanced cabinets installing as there's no space for optical transmission kit to power new nodes. VM are going to have to move intelligence out of the hub and into the field.

Nightmare.

CLOKent

• Just arrived
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2017, 11:32:45 AM »

Morning All,

Hope to shed some light on a few things here I have read - we will be doing every road in Thanet from Brooksend in Birchington all the way to Pegwell Bay in Ramsgate area. We will not be going to Cliffsend or Acol at the moment but when we expand further towards Canterbury these plus Minster will all be looked at as potential routes and villages to add. The only roads we cannot guarantee we will be doing are private roads or private areas which we have not received written confirmation we can go into (just to add we have already received this for North Foreland Estate for anyone who lives in/near there and I am looking at quite a few other private roads/areas this week to request permissions).

Our plan is to complete the whole of Thanet area by Dec 2018 so quite a big feat.

We are just about to start Broadstairs and Margate High Streets and seafronts over the winter months.

From what I have been told about the trunk route plans we will not be going through Dover - but trunking down from Ashford to our hubsite in Margate, All Saints Industrial Estate.

Lastly,Roadworks.org as Ronski has said is regularly updated but you may find randomly a road here or there that has been added for 2 weeks time rather than the usual 3 months in advance, this is as our relationship with KCC grows we can request some early starts on certain roads and where applicable KCC can accept or reject these. Usually when random roads are added with a start date very soon - they have accepted our early start date (this is what we are trying to do for the Hawthorns at the moment).

As Ronski has already mentioned any further questions you are more than welcome to PM me - happy to help!

Thanks,
CLOKent
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30