Broadband Related > Telephony Wiring + Equipment

BTOR man has broken my NTE5 ?

<< < (5/6) > >>

Weaver:
I did have genuine Pressac NTE5 backs, but how was our man to know that?

They were run-it-direct ones but I don't recall whether or not they had the Openreach branding on them which some of their units do. The only reason I got some of my own in was in case our man only had the new NTE5/C (is it?) curvy backs. Luckily we did not get any earache about it, Mrs Weaver would have said.

Are engineers still running down the old stock?

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: Weaver on March 26, 2017, 02:57:59 AM ---Are engineers still running down the old stock?

--- End quote ---

According to what Black Sheep has mentioned, the new NTE5/C (and thus the new SSFP to fit) will be issued as van-stock once supplies of the NTE5/A (or /B) are exhausted.

Black Sheep:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on March 26, 2017, 05:54:08 PM ---According to what Black Sheep has mentioned, the new NTE5/C (and thus the new SSFP to fit) will be issued as van-stock once supplies of the NTE5/A (or /B) are exhausted.

--- End quote ---

Yup. You can't order the older NTE's anymore .............. all we get now is the 'curvy' ones. I suppose it depends how many the engineer has on his van of the old stock ??.

runitdirect:

--- Quote from: Weaver on March 26, 2017, 02:57:59 AM ---I did have genuine Pressac NTE5 backs, but how was our man to know that?

They were run-it-direct ones but I don't recall whether or not they had the Openreach branding on them which some of their units do. The only reason I got some of my own in was in case our man only had the new NTE5/C (is it?) curvy backs. Luckily we did not get any earache about it, Mrs Weaver would have said.

Are engineers still running down the old stock?

--- End quote ---
Branded or not they are made by the same manufacturer ;) NTE5's are a licensed design. There is now only one manufacturer supplying BT (silly to have single source IMO but hey, that's their business). There was a company that had their own NTE's made in the d=far east but they got spanked by BT and it cost them thousands. The NTE5C is the only unit engineer will have now.

Weaver:
> but I don't recall whether or not they had the Openreach branding on them which some of their units do

I meant by this that that was a way that our Openreach man might have been reassured: if the units had the Openreach name on them, but I wasn't expecting them to, as the ones that BT engineers fitted just over six years ago didn't anyway. I didn't mean that I considered them any less ‘genuine’. Just to clear up any possible ambiguity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version