Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: Ronski's Pfsense router build  (Read 68208 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Ronski's Pfsense router build
« Reply #240 on: November 30, 2023, 10:45:33 PM »

Time of year I suspect, delivery gets slower.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #241 on: December 01, 2023, 04:57:07 PM »

Yeah it will be next week.  At least I was able to go out earlier, better to know its not coming than being in the dark.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #243 on: December 06, 2023, 06:42:07 PM »

Urrgh what a mess.

Royal mail changed tracking 1.04pm, is out for delivery.

1.05pm then says unable to deliver item (I have no card and no one knocked).

Arrange for redelivery button says "this cant be done for this parcel" and tracker page hasnt been updated to say whats going to happen.

I dont like dealing with these delivery situations so if it isnt here tomorrow and it looks like its lost in the system, will get a refund and see if anyone on here will be willing to order for me and then send to me after they get it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 07:04:03 PM by Chrysalis »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #244 on: December 06, 2023, 07:41:39 PM »

It'll most likely be delivered tomorrow  :fingers:
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 1147/105  ;D

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #245 on: December 07, 2023, 03:48:20 PM »

It'll most likely be delivered tomorrow  :fingers:

Already failed.

Same happened again, Royal mail told me, I cannot pick it up unless a delivery is attempted, I asked what happens if they never attempt delivery, they told me to contact sender, which is what I am doing.

I am also waiting for another tracked 48h parcel which has been looping now for two weeks with the same problem.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #246 on: December 07, 2023, 11:16:03 PM »

That's absolutely bizarre.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #247 on: December 09, 2023, 12:08:14 AM »

I managed to get it from the depot without a missed delivery card along with the other parcel.  Shouldnt have been possible as it was supposedly out for delivery on Friday,  :)

At first glance all seems good, testing it with a rii keyboard, but annoyingly this unit beeps on a reboot and I dont see an option in bios to disable it so might need to look for something on the PCB to cut that off.

The bios idle temp is almost 10C lower than the older qotom unit.  Even with the cooler CPU temp, case is warmer to touch which suggests better heat transfer.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 12:12:13 AM by Chrysalis »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #248 on: December 09, 2023, 08:17:19 AM »

That's good news.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #249 on: December 09, 2023, 03:32:35 PM »

I managed to get it from the depot without a missed delivery card along with the other parcel.  Shouldnt have been possible as it was supposedly out for delivery on Friday,  :)

At first glance all seems good, testing it with a rii keyboard, but annoyingly this unit beeps on a reboot and I dont see an option in bios to disable it so might need to look for something on the PCB to cut that off.

The bios idle temp is almost 10C lower than the older qotom unit.  Even with the cooler CPU temp, case is warmer to touch which suggests better heat transfer.

Sounds like your local delivery office are playing silly buggers, to say its out for delivery when its sat in the warehouse is disgusting.

As for temp, yeah mine is too hot to touch for very long, could make a good foot warmer but it runs cooler mounted to the wall so the fins are vertical for maximum convection.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #250 on: December 10, 2023, 09:53:35 AM »

Sounds like your local delivery office are playing silly buggers, to say its out for delivery when its sat in the warehouse is disgusting.
Unfortunately not uncommon with Royal Mail.
I currently have a small "package in the system" from an Amazon third party supplier, ie, not dispatched by Amazon, can't fault the supplier, was dispatched to Royal Mail within an hour of the order being placed and Amazon supplied the Royal Mail 24hr delivery tracking reference number.
According to the tracking information, package arrived at my local DO early hours yesterday, Saturday and was shown as out for delivery by 3.00pm, nothing received.
This morning, Sunday Royal Mail tracking still showing the same information ???

I'am reluctant to order anything from Amazon that's not direct supply by them, had no choice with this particular item, have found that Amazon's logistics work and their tracking information is always accurate, never had any issues.

Yet Royal Mail still wonder why their business is struggling ::)
Vodafone FTTP 200/28, VF THG3000 Hub

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #251 on: December 10, 2023, 01:01:07 PM »

I do like the efficiency of this unit, the 6 TDP limit works nice compared to the much higher TDP on the i5-5250U, even at full stress the thing is under 50C passively cooled although as alex said in this circumstance case gets very hot due to the heat transfer.  However it should never be under this kind of stress under normal conditions.  On Windows even with C states disabled (to emulate pfsense), its normal operating temperature is considerably lower.

Meanwhile on the i5-5250U I can get it over 50C just from loading the dashboard.

The PL2 that enforces the TDP under heavy multi core load will drop the clocks to 2.4ghz and voltage stays at around 0.8v for the chip.  On the i5-5250U the behaviour is quite different, once that is allowed to go above 1.6ghz it needs a very high vcore and power/temps jump right up.  On the N100 the out of the box behaviour seems great and I dont foresee a need to do any tinkering to tame it.

Deciding whether to install my original kingston m.sata 32 gig SSD and repurpose this 256 gig NVME before installing pfsense, since its probably more useful elsewhere.  The PCB itself has a m.sata connector still.

Like the qotom my ethernet ports are in a non linear order, from power input. 1,3,2,4

It is a very tidy design with the LED's even has a i/o LED, and especially like how the power button has its own LED underneath.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #252 on: December 10, 2023, 10:29:04 PM »

That's interesting, the ports on all my device as I recall were linear.  Just the usual annoyance that they are labelled the reverse to how they are connected to the PCIe bus.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #253 on: December 12, 2023, 08:26:10 PM »

I'm currently on 2.7.0, at the weekend I tried to update to 2.7.2 and it never updated, seemed to get stuck but the user interface still worked, so eventually I rebooted.

Tonight it's saying I'm on the latest version, even though its shown as 2.7.0

Any idea's why it no longer showing, 2.7.2 still appears on the website?

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #254 on: December 12, 2023, 08:45:36 PM »

That's a good question.  I'm still on 2.7.0 and have never been offered 2.7.1 or 2.7.2.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 01:10:12 AM by Alex Atkin UK »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

anything