Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Crazy recipies  (Read 7827 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Crazy recipies
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 09:05:42 AM »

Wot, no tomato ketchup?
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 09:35:27 AM »

it's probably time to let you in to my dark and deadly secret passion, cold left over brussels sprouts in well buttered bread is my idea of sarnie heaven

I like sprouts but cold?  :sick:  :sick:

I love sprouts,they are my fave veg,but agree with you Steph

Floydoid

• Senior Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 09:43:38 AM »

How about:

1)  the old northern favourite - a slice of rich fruit cake with a piece of cheddar cheese... mmmm.

2) Digestive biscuits buttered (on the underside) with a slice of cheddar cheese on top

and my favourite snack:

3) A slice of cheese on toast with a *poached egg on top, and baked beans on the side

*it has to be poached the old fashioned way in a pan of boiling water containing a little salt and a dash of white wine vinegar
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 09:53:57 AM »

Lovely floydy,I agree about the poached egg.  :)

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 09:55:07 AM »

marmite

Mentioning Marmite has got to be enough for a ban surely? :P :D

I once ate some by accident. It was one of those unforgettable "what the hell is in my mouth" moments. I'd say it was worse than live oysters and that IS saying something :lol:

Oh and "eggy bread" is much better if you add worcester sauce and a little bit of grated cheddar. We called it French Toast north of the border. Quite possibly everyone else called it something completely different :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 09:58:39 AM »

WhenIwas an apprentice I used to go to the sandwich shop for a
Georgie BaconEggSausageTomato.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 10:31:24 AM »

Sorry rizla I lurve Marmite... mmmmm and often cook cheese, mustard, marmite and tom sauce pasties..... mmmm luverly

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 01:47:48 PM »

I'm in the hate Marmite camp, tried some on toast, once good job it was at home 'cos piece in my mouth became a dangerous projectile when I spit it out again.

I hate cheeese, especially melted, for me the smell confirms the taste horrible.

One thing I have come to late in life is Worcester Sauce, we never had it at home so never tried it until about ten years ago, now it gets splashed into everything.

I like sprouts too if I do a full Sunday dinner I always do extra mashed potatoes and sprouts for bubble and squeak on Monday, I know it should be cabbage but sprouts mashed in to the potatoes make a good substitute.

Achilles Last Stand

• Kitizen
  • http://www.saveplanetrock.co.uk/ Save Planet Rock!
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 02:10:41 PM »

Ah, someone else who has mash with a roast dinner?

'is Lordship has spent years trying to convince me that it's the thing to do - I think the very idea is just all wrong  :no:

IMHO, roast dinners deserve roast potatoes, end of  :P

But just because I'm a fair minded person, he gets mash as well   :angel: and I think myself lucky that he doesn't want his yorkshires served up as a starter   8)

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 02:27:19 PM »

Ah, someone else who has mash with a roast dinner?

'is Lordship has spent years trying to convince me that it's the thing to do

By all means have some 'rosters' but the boiled spuds MUST be mashed, helps soak up the gravy.

But just because I'm a fair minded person, he gets mash as well   :angel: and I think myself lucky that he doesn't want his yorkshires served up as a starter   8)

Being from Yorkshire, the Yorkshire puddings are for starters, NOT to be squeezed on your plate alongside the roast beef and mashed spuds and veg. It should really be made in a large oblong tray not in little bun trays, they are for ponsy restaurants.

And! if there is any Yorkshire left, you can have it with jam on as a pudding.

Regarding Marmite (which I quite like) have you ever come across any other product that uses the term:
'you either love it or hate it' in their ads?

Darn it! I've got slava running down my chin now.

dave (off to the kitchen)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 02:28:33 PM »

I do both mash and roast.
Thats how we had our Yorkshire pudding at home, on its own before the main meal, why I  don't know just a Yorkshire thing I suppose, must confess it all gets piled onto one plate these days.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 02:58:28 PM »

@Yorkie,the reason Yorkshire Puddings were/are served before the 'main event' is because years ago when poor families could afford little/or no meat it was to fill you cheaply.I have mine seperate,my other half has hers with the rest of her dinner.

Edit.I know more about broadband than aunt Bessie does about Yorkshire Puddin's :lol:

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 03:25:59 PM »

I've got a good tip for Brussels. It's based on Polish Colliflower.

Get some breadcrumbs and preferably let them go a bit stale. drop a big knob of butter in the bottom of a small sausepan and gently melt. Then drop in the breadcumbs & stir so they soak up the butter and just start to turn a golden brown but before they get toasted.

Then mix this in with brussels, peas, or dip florettes into the pan giving a light coating. :yum:

With brussles in particular it takes the bitter edge off the taste (which is what normaly turn some people off brussels, particualy children) and you may find some one who dosn't abide the stuff suddenly can eat them.

Personaly I love brussels and most types of veg

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2008, 07:10:11 AM »

On the subject of brussels and people not liking them.... if you put some vinegar  :o on them, even in a gravy dinner.... they do taste better so I'm told, my mother used to do this.  I like sprouts anyway so I don't need the vinegar  8)

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2008, 12:39:14 PM »

As for roast tatties, I do like danish style, that is once youve cut the pottato to size, make 3-4 cuts 3/4 of the way down before roasting them, or to go a bit further cut a small sliver so making a bigger slot so you get more skin. Do it to about half the tatties so everyone gets a mix of normal and danish style.

Otherwise, take some of the tatties out of the roast tray mid roast and roll them in a saucer of honey and origano before them back in the roast tray, you get a lovely sweet skin akin to sweede type flavour, although probably too sweet to do more than a third of the tatties this way. :yum:

That does it, I'm off to the Cafe, so hungry  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]