Computers & Hardware > Networking

De-brick a ZyXel WAP?

(1/3) > >>

Weaver:
I have a ZyXel NWA-3560-n WAP which needs debricking, and I'm too foggy to work out how to do it. Could anyone give me some tips?

burakkucat:
I have a very vague feeling that we've discussed this previously.  :-\  Let me check . . .

Ah, yes. Found it. I hope that helps.  :)

Weaver:
Many thanks for spotting that, very very foggy today.  :-[ ??? My apologies.

In order to follow those instructions, I would need to get hold of a suitable piece of hardware to give me access to a console rs232 cable. (Or equivalent at some other voltage?) I think I'm completely out of luck trying to access Rs232 from an _iPad_, my daily workhorse, I need a PC and some common old-fashioned software.

burakkucat:
I haven't looked closely at the hardware requirements but I wonder if a USB to TTL serial adaptor cable is what will be required?

For example, it was just a few days ago that I needed to access a Raspberry-Pi via its serial console. Normally it would be accessed via a ssh session through its Ethernet port but as I was re-configuring the latter, I needed an alternative mode of access. My solution was to use a USB to TTL Serial Cable - Debug / Console Cable.

The Tx, Rx & Ground leads were connected to the relevant header pins on the R-Pi and when the USB adaptor was plugged into a laptop computer it was recognised as /dev/ttyUSB0

From the command line, the following incantation provided the connection (and made a record of all the commands that I issued) --

screen -L -U /dev/ttyUSB0 115200,istrip

Weaver:
brilliant - many thanks for that tip.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version