Computer Software > Windows 10

How to stop Windows 10 updates

<< < (5/6) > >>

kitz:

--- Quote from: licquorice on October 28, 2016, 10:28:18 PM ---Odd, I still have the option.

--- End quote ---

Curious.   Did you ever do the GPE hack that worked up until the anniversary update?

licquorice:
Ok, its todays updates that kills it. The screenshot was whilst updates were pending restart. Just restarted and option has gone.  :no:

Chrysalis:
kitz check my PM if you interested in ditching win10, and yes I misunderstood what you said sorry, as the win7 license is still been used.

kitz:
@chrys.

Thanks for the PM, I must have been responding as you typed the above. :)

--- Quote ---Ok, its todays updates that kills it.
--- End quote ---

Interesting..  Im sure I had seen it before and attempted to play with the settings because I recall it wouldnt let me set inactive hours for less than 12 or something stupid like that.
I wonder if it was the update on the 27th that killed it for me. 

I did happen to notice in the logs "Modules Installer service was changed from demand start to auto start" and wondered what that was all about.  ???

kitz:
That was some big update last night. - KB3197954.
I very quickly scanned the files which were updated on the doc and judging from the final figure there was 3,197,954 of them to be installed.

There's a summary here - a couple mention 'improvements' to Windows update.  ie
Improved support for IT administrators using Group Policy to block users updating the operating system from Windows Update.
although how that affects us, Ive no idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version