Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: GEA Test Results, I am banded but it doesn't look like it?  (Read 9426 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: GEA Test Results, I am banded but it doesn't look like it?
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2016, 08:49:11 PM »

From looking at my old stats when I was banded at 66999 with G.INP my attainable rate was over 70mb so I'd easily expect a 68000 sync rate if it wasn't banded.

Does banding lower the attainable the only thing I know that lowers the attainable is crosstalk  >:(
or a line fault
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 08:52:49 PM by NewtronStar »

gazaai

• Reg Member
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2016, 08:51:47 PM »

Does banding lower the attainable the only thing I know that lowers the attainable is crosstalk  >:(
The attainable rate to me at the moment does not matter as there is no G.INP on the line so it's hard to believe what it will be.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 09:10:29 PM by gazaai »
Plusnet: 80 / 20
MDWS Username: GaZaai

Modem: Billion 8800NL (Bridge Mode)
Router + AP: NETGEAR R7800 (OpenWRT/LEDE)
APs: 2x Linksys Linksys EA6700

Interceptor121

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2016, 09:09:10 PM »

or a line fault
Attainable rate appears to be a theoretical value where SNR is 6 dB. The sync rate you get depends on the performance of the line itself.
From what I can see the modem syncs at the same value regardless however the effective throughput is improved with G.INP so the line reports a better IP profile with G.INP than it does when only interleave and RS is used as the payload is less
The broadcom paper that explains it is here https://www.broadcom.com/collateral/wp/XDSL-WP101-R.pdf
Lines are what they are but the ability to work better on error correction means improved speeds

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2016, 09:14:44 PM »

I think your entering the fifth week without G.INP now this only a guesstimate the 15th of august is looking good for the return of the ginp  :)

PS I'll not be replying to Interceptor121 in case he gets your thead locked  :no:

Interceptor121

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2016, 09:16:09 PM »

It was not me that got the post deleted and the thread locked though I take my share of responsibility!

licquorice

• Reg Member
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2016, 09:17:24 PM »

The HG612 appears to take into account the level of INP applied to the line when predicting max attain. With INP=49, I have a max attain of <>49but when INP was 44 it was <>56

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2016, 09:30:07 PM »

Trying to work out the extra SNRM of 0.8db on my line that works out at close to 2Mbps that works out at 61995 Kbps now if you say G.INP gave you an extra 5Mbps then 61995 + 5000 = 66995 kbps

Also G.INP can take 7 weeks to be turned back on after line reset or change of provider from what I can see in this forum

PS my SNRM mathematics may be off but WWWombat will give your correct results if he is about.

I'm on holiday, so don't have my cheat tables with me. IIRC, 3dB is worth 11Mbps to someone with access to the full spectrum (likely syncing 70-80Mbps). I guess 0.8dB would be worth about 3Mbps.

Note that when G.INP was added to my line, the attainable went up (IIRC) nearly 10Mbps (97 -> 107). Remember this is a line that was already fastpath and synced at 80/20, with around 60 ES/day. There was no FEC overhead, so the (small amount of) overhead added by retransmission ought to be a negative impact of around 4Mbps, though it did take me to zero ES/day.

From my experience, I'd accept that gazaai's line is capable of jumping to 68Mbps, with its own perception of what other coding gains have been gained.

I also don't have access to the graph of speed improvements gained with G.INP (from BTW?), but it is certainly the case that not all of the improvement can be explained by just those lines losing the old-style FEC+interleaving setup. G.INP did more ... something less tangible.

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2016, 09:34:23 PM »

or a line fault

Nope. No change in the attainable ... but it is good to remember that the attainable is little more than an educated guess by the modem, about a hypothetical future.

Banding can have other effects though. Sometimes it can cause FEC to be turned on (without interleaving), a little like upstream often does.

gazaai

• Reg Member
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2016, 12:14:05 PM »

Wow big problem this morning. It seems I may have my first line fault. The speed is super low now with the SNR going all over the place, do you think I should book an engineer?

Edit: Just picked up the phone and have no dial tone, must be running on 1 cable lol don't know what's happened, have booked an engineer.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:27:27 PM by gazaai »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2016, 03:25:44 PM »

What you have described fits into the category of a "one leg dis".
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2016, 08:52:11 PM »

The disconnected leg was reconnected pretty quickly this morning at 08:07 any ideas to what went on there ?

gazaai

• Reg Member
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2016, 12:32:14 PM »

The disconnected leg was reconnected pretty quickly this morning at 08:07 any ideas to what went on there ?
I told plusnet I had no dial tone but a slow internet connection, they told me they had raised the issue with Openreach and said the issue was most likely not within my home and that it would be fixed within 1-3 days. The next day you are correct it was about 8am it got reconnected, no DLM reset tho so now my line is even worse with DLM.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2016, 06:02:43 PM »

At this stage your better off without a OR DLM reset as that could extend the wait for G.INP by another month and a half, that's two DLM intervention you've had in two weeks.

Thinking this time the Interleaving is going to stick around for a while as 36000 errored seconds just above what Kitz experienced and it took 10 days for fastpath to return but by that time G.INP could even come back on your line.

Anyway as in all cases it's a wait and watch game.  :fingers:   

gazaai

• Reg Member
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2016, 06:20:10 PM »

At this stage your better off without a OR DLM reset as that could extend the wait for G.INP by another month and a half, that's two DLM intervention you've had in two weeks.

Thinking this time the Interleaving is going to stick around for a while as 36000 errored seconds just above what Kitz experienced and it took 10 days for fastpath to return but by that time G.INP could even come back on your line.

Anyway as in all cases it's a wait and watch game.  :fingers:
Lol it was actually 57000 error seconds, after this fault my error seconds are way lower than used to be now so pretty happy about that. I just wanted the reset because of the banding, it might never get removed even with G.INP

gazaai

• Reg Member
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2016, 02:25:12 PM »

I think your entering the fifth week without G.INP now this only a guesstimate the 15th of august is looking good for the return of the ginp  :)

PS I'll not be replying to Interceptor121 in case he gets your thead locked  :no:
Lol NewtonStar what a guess!, my connection has just resynced and I now have G.INP again.  :cool:

Still banded tho... :-\

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4