Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can anybody tell me what's with this connection?  (Read 3955 times)

andyfitter

• Reg Member
Re: Can anybody tell me what's with this connection?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2016, 12:40:48 PM »

I switched from Plusnet to Sky which triggered a DLM reset. I was on 80/20 on both, and my downstream sync went from being capped at 66999 to somewhere in the region of 73000, where it has been ever since I switched.

uwe_handshoe

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 02:07:41 PM »

I'm unable to check number of error seconds due to using a homehub5,but can I assume a longer DSL uptime period would indicate less error seconds?

Or could I still be receiving enough of these errors to influence the DLM without the homehub disconnecting?

I can only gauge the stability of the line by number of disconnects and DHL uptime.
In my opinon the line has been fairly stable,only disconnecting when the home hub watchdog resets..So 1 disconnect every 5 days.that's how it's been for 3 weeks,but no change in the DATA RATE(11999 / 43948)

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 02:11:54 PM »

I'm unable to check number of error seconds due to using a homehub5,but can I assume a longer DSL uptime period would indicate less error seconds?

Or could I still be receiving enough of these errors to influence the DLM without the homehub disconnecting?

I dont think you can assume that, ES can trigger DLM without causing a resync by themselves since DLM looks at counts over a much longer period, it would take a lot of ESes in a very short space of time to cause a resync
Pages: 1 [2]

anything