Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Can I Improve My Connection?  (Read 12773 times)

MarkyR74

Re: Can I Improve My Connection?
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2016, 06:16:04 PM »

no benefit to switching to non capable kit....

There's nothing that can be done at this time due to the 'apparant' lack of G.INP in the DLM systems currently....

The best that can happen for your connection now is for Fast Path to be assigned by DLM but thats only going to happen if the line shows its capable to handle it, and of course theres the chance that DLM is totally frozen and only severly impacted connections are bieng re-profiled with error correction.

I don't know what Openreach are playing at currently but there's nothing anyone can do, (Openreach engineers will also be powerless...)

But if I report my speeds as below where they should be won't BT reset the line profile? They did this the last time I told them about this.

And their are mixed comments on here about weather the Huawei cabs have G.INP enabled or not?

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2016, 06:20:32 PM »

And their are mixed comments on here about weather the Huawei cabs have G.INP enabled or not?
They all do

MarkyR74

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2016, 07:26:34 PM »

They all do

So does that mean my line can have G.INP enabled today? It's just that DLM has it turned off at present?

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2016, 07:38:41 PM »

Your line may have G.INP enabled right now, but you won't know for sure as your HH5 doesn't report it.
You need a modem that does report it to be able to tell.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2016, 10:17:49 PM »

The Huawei cabinets has G.INP enabled it's when a line is reset by OR engineer it seems to take a long time for G.INP to become active again 1 month and still counting for some users.

mlmclaren

• Reg Member
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2016, 11:31:40 AM »

But if I report my speeds as below where they should be won't BT reset the line profile? They did this the last time I told them about this.

Yes your line will be reset, but it will be the same is it is now, DLM will activate G.INP if it can BUT right now it seems G.INP has been removed from the DLM systems until Openreach sort out the capability issues across the estate of cabinets..... I don't know why they've turned it off on the Huawei estate of cabinets (maybe a mistake) but nothing can be done to fix it until Openreach re-enable it and then your line will get enabled...

I would just ride it out a bit longer and see what happen's, try rebooting modem once a week for the next few weeks and if our still finding nothing in say 3-4 weeks then report the issue.

mlmclaren

• Reg Member
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2016, 11:35:04 AM »

The Huawei cabinets has G.INP enabled it's when a line is reset by OR engineer it seems to take a long time for G.INP to become active again 1 month and still counting for some users.

It takes 3-7 days for G.INP to become active again after a reset (based on ES rates) however currently it seems that DLM has been frozen.... one line I've been watching for around 6 weeks now had G.INP removed when there line was reset during a fault resolution.... still stuck on old Interleaving.... and this seems to be same story for everyone else in same situation.

MarkyR74

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2016, 12:28:33 PM »

Yes your line will be reset, but it will be the same is it is now, DLM will activate G.INP if it can BUT right now it seems G.INP has been removed from the DLM systems until Openreach sort out the capability issues across the estate of cabinets..... I don't know why they've turned it off on the Huawei estate of cabinets (maybe a mistake) but nothing can be done to fix it until Openreach re-enable it and then your line will get enabled...

I would just ride it out a bit longer and see what happen's, try rebooting modem once a week for the next few weeks and if our still finding nothing in say 3-4 weeks then report the issue.

Hmm, ok, how should I reset the connection? Do a hard reset in the router itself or is performing a reset from the router interface food enough as it should force the connection to drop?

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2016, 01:06:08 PM »

I wouldn't advise this. You should get a Huawei HG612 or similar so you can see when G.INP is enabled.

MarkyR74

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2016, 01:35:44 PM »

I wouldn't advise this. You should get a Huawei HG612 or similar so you can see when G.INP is enabled.

So you advise to leave it well alone?

And I had a modem and router setup before, for me it's just far too messy and fiddly, although I'm pretty capable of setting it all up, I prefer the easy life haha.
Although I have been looking at these as they would most likely boost the wireless range a bit:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01560JKAE

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-D6400-100UKS-Wireless-Connections-Infinity/dp/B00UCTXRRC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463833000&sr=8-1&keywords=Netgear+d6400

Trouble is these boxes are quite a bit bigger then the HH5, and with rumours of the HH6 having MU-MIMO in board it may be worth waiting for that? What do you guys think?

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2016, 02:12:37 PM »

The HH6 still won't tell you if G.INP is enabled

MarkyR74

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2016, 07:55:38 PM »

All will come to he who waits   ;D ;D :) :)

Ping times are between 12 to 15 now to bbc.co.uk using wireless  :) A happy bunny now, now know to just leave it be and if I need to unplug the router I'll follow the guide of turning it off first and leaving it half an hour before turning back on.
Thanks everyone for your help and advice.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 08:02:13 PM by MarkyR74 »

MarkyR74

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2016, 08:13:56 PM »

BT Wholesale speedtest:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 28.18 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 20.35 Mbps-29.08 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 29.08 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 6.98Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

mlmclaren

• Reg Member
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2016, 10:58:24 PM »

Looks like your lines been set back to fast path.... which sounds about right for a line without issues and under the current circumstances of no G.INP 'seemingly' being dished out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]