Computers & Hardware > Networking

Beloved and IPad losing [wi-fi] connection

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ronski:
The metal ducting could well impede the signal, I have foil backed plasterboard in our ensuite and I'm sure that impedes the signal from my loft mounted AP especially the 5ghz signal.

You may find you get better coverage if you could mount an AP in a central location, or on the loft.

renluop:
Stramit, dammit, is filled with straw, and when we first took over we needed to make firm a wall switch. We ended up with making a lot of paper machie to get something firm enough to put the screws in. It's supposedly good insulator.

Loft has 10" of insulation, so not where we venture.

BTW the computer box is under desk, say 2" thick, could that have any bearing?

Ronski:
To be honest there is so much that affects it, it's a case of get the best access point or modem/router you can and then experiment with it's placement. My brother once spent a long time trying to work out why he had bad wi-fi coverage, when he eventually moved it and stuck it in a different room it worked well, something in his office was blocking the signal.

sevenlayermuddle:
Just wondering if the problem might be, rather than a dead spot on your own wifi, a hot spot on you neighbour's, if it is using the same channel and interfering?

Might be worth changing wifi channel just as an experiment.

renluop:
A liitle OT, but I've never maged to get one of those apps like INSSIDR to find who else is operating near my location. I appear to be alone in the neighborhood digital pool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version