Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: HG612 - system uptime question  (Read 1764 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
HG612 - system uptime question
« on: May 02, 2016, 08:32:30 PM »

I noticed I lost net connection for about 20 seconds and noticed it had re-synced.

The retain reason was 0, which I see can mean a loss of power.

I looked on the HG612 main screen and it said something like  'System Up Time - 20 minutes', which would match when the connection resynced.

I'm just wanting confirmation really. If a resync happens with DLM does it also zero the system up time of the modem? I'm assuming the system up time should continue increasing no matter what happens to the connection?

I think this is another reason to ditch this old firmware modem. It only resynced on the 28th.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

d2d4j

• Kitizen
Re: HG612 - system uptime question
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 09:18:06 PM »

Hi Bowden

There is normally 2 uptime records, system uptime (how long unit has been powered on) and connection uptime (how long dsl connection has been up)

The fact that your system uptime matches the power outage means power to the hg612 was lost and then restored.

If it continues, check power socket, power adaptor, or can you plug hg612 into a different power circuit perhaps

Many thanks

John

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 09:35:48 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

If it happens again I'm going to swap it out for this other hg612 modem I got.. thats got the updated firmware on it too. If it happens to that then looks like the power source.. though my router is on the same power strip and that stayed up.

How long do HG612's last on average?
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 10:32:18 PM »

Hi Bowden

I personally do not believe it is firmware connected - if it was, it would be widespread and known

We were one of the first in 2010 for fttc, 40/10 was the highest I think we were on, and we are still on the original hg612 (working fine touch wood), with original power adaptor, but I'm aware of the faulting power adaptor later notified.

I personally believe they need wall mounting, for cooling or they have a tendency to fail

I could be wrong so apologies in advance

Many thanks

John

anything