Computers & Hardware > Android & other hand held devices

Ofcom rules, TalkTalk mobile, and partially functioning service ...

(1/2) > >>

phi2008:
I have a TalkTalk mobile 12 month contract(only £5/month), unfortunately SMS doesn't work. Their mobile dept couldn't fix it, I'm now dealing with the CEO team(for a few weeks) and they've been unable to fix it. The SMS issue has been going about 3 months now with no solution in sight - can I ask to terminate my contract and port the number elsewhere penalty free because they aren't providing the service I'm paying for? Any links to suitable guidance/reading material - I'll probably formally ask the CEO team about this option this week.  :-X

kitzuser87430:
Slightly off topic... and I'm sure that someone may have mentioned/tried the following...

Was the number currently being used on the talk talk contract previously used on an iPhone??

Apples imessage system screws up traditional sms even after porting to new provider and returning to non apple proprietary sms, you need to deregister imessage

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

Ian

phi2008:
No, I'd rather avoid discussing troubleshooting - I'm interested in my contractual position and Ofcom's rules.

Dray:
If that actually fixes it, then you haven't got a leg to stand on.

phi2008:
If you actually read my reply properly, I provided a comma, you would realise I answered his point and your reply perhaps underlines why I don't want to waste time discussing technical issues that I have been addressing with TalkTalk for months now - nice troll. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version