Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Friend's Slow FTTC Speed  (Read 8703 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Friend's Slow FTTC Speed
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2016, 08:35:10 PM »

I think you know why I would get the new package... :lol:

b*cat suddenly starts thinking about a "circuit re-calc", which would result in a DLM reset.  ::)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2016, 08:56:28 PM »

b*cat suddenly starts thinking about a "circuit re-calc", which would result in a DLM reset.  ::)

You've got it. Now, I've got two choices here, I either wait for possibly months/years, I put up with it or log a fault.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2016, 10:54:30 PM »

Yes that will been seen as a new service and the result will be a a DLM reset but the cost could be much more than a 40/10 service over 12 months.

I still think a BTOR visit will result in a DLM reset if even with no fault found and no penalty to the EU if they plead innocent into the works of FTTC the Engineer will notice there is a cap and reset the line  :)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2016, 09:41:17 AM »

I still think a BTOR visit will result in a DLM reset if even with no fault found and no penalty to the EU if they plead innocent into the works of FTTC the Engineer will notice there is a cap and reset the line  :)

There's nothing wrong with being an optimist  :lol:

Even with undeniable & conclusive proof that a line is still capped/banded due to previously resolved issues, some engineers and/or BT's 'Fibre Control Centre' will refuse to arrange a DLM reset.

I have read about that from other users & also experienced it personally.

I think the basic rule (Black Sheep could perhaps confirm), is still that DLM resets/recalcs should only be requested by engineers if a physical repair on BT's side has been repaired.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2016, 09:56:31 AM »

The Eagle is correct. The official line always has been, that a DLM re-calc (reset) should NOT be performed unless a fault has been found and repaired.

As always, there are engineers who will follow this to the letter, engineers who will totally ignore it, and engineers who will use their grey matter, listen to the EU's chain of events, and analyse the WHOOSH data. Then, an informed decision can be made.

To actually perform a re-calc is the easiest thing in the world to do, for an engineer. We can do it via accessing WHOOSH Rambo, via our mobile phones, or by ringing the DcoE and asking them to do so. But, it's a system that has been designed to be a hands-off device, and as has been mooted before, if the system is abused I'm sure there would be repercussions ?? The re-calc is time-stamped with the engineers ID each time one is performed.

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2016, 09:23:57 PM »

So, I guess I'll just have to wait. Fair play guys.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything