Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: NAT 1 PS4  (Read 2443 times)

roberto2212

NAT 1 PS4
« on: March 18, 2016, 10:28:57 AM »

Hello any advice?

My settings: billion8800nl setup in bridge mode ptm fttc connection,nat and firewall off.On ps4 setup pppoe,mtu auto,dns auto.

When made test speed all pass with nat 1 but on bottom show me error: the router in use might not support ip packet fragmentation and some network features of the ps4 might be restricted.For details contact the router manufacter.

Also tryed change mtu to 1492,1472..still get this error.

Any help?

My isp plusnet.

[Moderator edited to insert a few blank new lines, thus aiding the readability.]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 06:04:09 PM by burakkucat »

Splash

Re: NAT 1 PS4
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 03:32:35 PM »

I don't know about your specific router, but you shouldn't be bridging to your PS4. Your PS4 should go through NAT, so change your router back to normal (not bridged, whatever they call the other option) - it should then say NAT type 2 on the PS4.

If you're using bridge mode to get NAT type 1 because you're having connection issues like lag or you can't connect to friends then this isn't the solution.

If you can't connect to your friends, you can enable UPnP on your router which will forward the ports to your PS4 for you automatically. If that doesn't work then you'll have to manually find what ports (with google) you need to forward and forward them.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 03:35:30 PM by Splash »

roberto2212

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 08:34:35 PM »

Same error I get if I set on router pppoe connection,ps4 with static ip,on router ip in dmz also tryed with opening ports,nat 2 but still error on test connection.No idea what is wrong.

markg33

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 01:58:17 AM »

Same error I get if I set on router pppoe connection,ps4 with static ip,on router ip in dmz also tryed with opening ports,nat 2 but still error on test connection.No idea what is wrong.

I wanted to chime in and say this a PSN issue rather than a set up/ home network one. I've had this problem since November last year.
I'm on BT using a HH5A, static ip/DMZ set up via my PS4 and encountering this still. Personally this message can be ignored as it causes no issues whatsoever. If I use my Xbox One and do the same set up I encounter no message of that sort and everything is open.

So rest assured you're doing nothing wrong. I would say just use a simpler set up as a NAT 2 is fine.

Mark.

roberto2212

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 09:52:41 AM »

Strange is when I connected billion 8800nl bridge mode -asus Rt-ac66u pppoe setup - ps4 all pass no error. When I used billion8800nl pppoe setup - ps4 show me error in test connection.

anything