Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Got New Deal On BT Infinity 1 - Will My DLM Be Reset?  (Read 1711 times)

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
Got New Deal On BT Infinity 1 - Will My DLM Be Reset?
« on: March 08, 2016, 12:10:54 PM »

Hi everyone,

I've just rung BT to see what deals they have on and managed to get a great deal with nearly 40% off the original that we paid for back in April 2015. I've had a text to say my new broadband will start by midnight tomorrow, does that mean the DLM will be reset so I go back up to 40 Mbps?

forceware

Re: Got New Deal On BT Infinity 1 - Will My DLM Be Reset?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 12:17:46 PM »

Unfortunately not. Unless you have changed product.

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 12:30:24 PM »

Unfortunately not. Unless you have changed product.

I haven't, but it says it will be a new broadband contract starting before midnight.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:33:44 PM by William Grimsley »

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 03:28:00 PM »

Had you been on the 80/20 product and changed to the 40/10  or vice versa  for example , then yes  DLM would get reset, But if you stayed on the same 40/10 product then no as said earlier, because all you have done is re contract with the devil

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 03:34:58 PM »

I've just rung BT to see what deals they have on and managed to get a great deal with nearly 40% off the original that we paid for back in April 2015.

Out of interest, could you say what you were paying (and for what fibre/tv etc.) and what they have offered you now?

I would be interested to know what they offered given you still had a month or more of your original contract to run..

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 05:34:10 PM »

I've just rung BT to see what deals they have on and managed to get a great deal with nearly 40% off the original that we paid for back in April 2015.

Out of interest, could you say what you were paying (and for what fibre/tv etc.) and what they have offered you now?

I would be interested to know what they offered given you still had a month or more of your original contract to run..

If I remember correctly, we are currently paying £19.20/month but will be paying £15.30/month from tomorrow but I'll confirm that tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 02:21:29 PM by William Grimsley »

anything