Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 60

Author Topic: I have G.INP on ECI  (Read 229444 times)

npr

• Reg Member
Re: I have G.INP on ECI
« Reply #795 on: June 10, 2016, 07:52:24 PM »

I got Infinity 1 for £10 per month.

Also got a £100 reward card + £199 cash back.  ;D

There's a different deal each week.  ;)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #796 on: June 10, 2016, 11:50:24 PM »

I wonder who my next ISP will be with have tried BT then freeserve then Wanadoo then talktalk then BT and now EE must try Plusnet this time  :-\

Not much ISP providers to choose from here they all come in as Market 1 BT price band   BTw Pricing Band   Band E no LLU here the difference from any ISP will be a few £ apart from Talktalk as they just ran away into LLU land and stuck two fingers up to IPstreamers disgusting  :(

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #797 on: June 11, 2016, 04:56:18 PM »

There was another update from Openreach yesterday:
NGA020/16 Update on Performance of Retransmission on the ECI platform

No, I don't know what it says, it might say nothing more than that they're still working on it and the next update will be whenever.

skyeci

• Kitizen
« Reply #798 on: June 11, 2016, 05:40:24 PM »

So I am told it says the issue is still be investigated and another update of the issue is due on the 15th June (as in another statement..)

KIAB

• Reg Member
« Reply #799 on: June 11, 2016, 07:09:52 PM »

This ECI malarky is going to run & run,no closer to solving the problem.
Shame there isn't a simple fix like replacing the ECI cabs with Huawei cabs, but that is unlikely to happen.

Someone drop a clanger choosing ECI cabs.

Ktor

« Reply #800 on: June 15, 2016, 02:14:39 PM »

Yesterday my ISP actually did something for the first time in the nearly 3 months I have been complaining. They requested a profile change which should reset DLM and it did cause a resync this morning and it still synced interleaved.

Today my ISP tells me my downstream is permanently interleaved due to the firmware update in the cabinet which BTOR is still in the process of recalling with no stated time scale.

Who thinks I should believe that? Who thinks I should just accept it if it is true?

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #801 on: June 15, 2016, 03:18:17 PM »

They requested a profile change which should reset DLM and it did cause a resync this morning and it still synced interleaved.

That's a good start - that a resync was triggered.

Remember that @kitz's analysis was showing two separate DLM reset procedures. Some of them reset back to an old-style FEC+interleaved profile, while some of them reset back to an open profile with no FEC, no interleaving, and no retransmission. We don't know why there are two methods, and haven't come up with a plausible way to identify why one has happened vs the other.

So bear in mind that you might have had a DLM reset, but it is taking the former pathway. If so, then the next change would be expected after 48 hours. Perhaps to an open profile, and perhaps to a retransmission profile directly.

Today my ISP tells me my downstream is permanently interleaved due to the firmware update in the cabinet which BTOR is still in the process of recalling with no stated time scale.

Not so good. I'm not sure I would believe that, but ... given what I mentioned before ... you are probably best waiting 2 or 3 days anyway.

Ktor

« Reply #802 on: June 18, 2016, 02:54:18 PM »

you are probably best waiting 2 or 3 days anyway.

Left it 3 1/2 days no resync and 11 CRC errors due to a lot of thunderstorms.   

Plugged in a TP-Link modem then back to the Asus - both had downstream interleave.

Faulty cabinet firmware and/or faulty DLM who knows. I still have had pointless and undesired interleaving for 3 months and counting. 

After the profile change resync the modem has started reporting downstream power as 0.1dbm,  obviously wrong, it used to be 12.7dbm. Nothing changed my end looks like more ECI cabinet bugginess.

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #803 on: June 18, 2016, 03:07:47 PM »

I think profiles are kind of stuck atm as I've had interleaving on my upstream on my ECI G.INP line and it has had 0ES a day since like late March.

deron

« Reply #804 on: July 07, 2016, 11:23:21 AM »

So is G.inp dead now for ECI cabs, or is there a long term plan in place?

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #805 on: July 07, 2016, 12:17:19 PM »

Just to note that I was stuck on interleaving until 9 days ago an OR guy did a full reset on my line as I was having problems. So far I've not had DLM intervene and I've been on fast path for these 9 days.

My only comment would be that according to this OR guy they are finding some issues with lines on ECI cabs which they believe are related to the removal of G.INP and he said he personally had seen some lines which after a complete reset had their issues go away. Now this is anecdotal I know but its strange that my line was fixed by one OR guy as it was raised as phone fault which did indeed exist but my broadband problems continued and the second OR guy responding to a broadband fault could find no problems with the line itself but now after the reset it has behaved very well on fast path, and all he did was this reset, he changed nothing at my end and did not disappear elsewhere to do anything. Go figure!

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

skyeci

• Kitizen
« Reply #806 on: July 07, 2016, 01:38:06 PM »

Stuart. You line looks like how mine did until dlm changed it yesterday. My sync was higher than my attainable. Dlm dropped 4mb off the ds on the resync but the line still retains fastpath. Took about a week for dlm to sync it down with sync higher than the attainable..

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #807 on: July 07, 2016, 07:47:15 PM »

Well since I was told wait 10 days after reset I guess I've got another 24 hours to go before DLM may or may not do anything.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #808 on: July 07, 2016, 08:20:19 PM »

Broadstairs were you manually capping the modem ? the engineer found no fault on your line and yet a DLM reset which you wanted seemed to fix your line issue  ???
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:32:30 PM by NewtronStar »

willc

« Reply #809 on: July 11, 2016, 05:36:03 PM »

hello guys, my 1st post  :)
so i have a problem.i see you complaining about G.inp not working on your line,but here i have the opposite problem.
I have G.inp and i hate it,because it adds latency,with g.inp i have interleaving depth of 8 up/down cuz i have the inp 61 up/down delay 0, and it's bad at playing online games,30% of my hits wont register.so from my modem i can disable G.inp, but the interleaving depth will go to 837 down and 285 up cuz inp will go to 2 down/up and the delay will go 8 down 3 up,so it's worse, my ping will go +5/7 in speedtest and will not talk bout gaming.
no joke  :D

The problem is that the isp here in italy,don't have fast vdsl profiles,the only profiles are G.inp on/off,which i can do by myself using telnet on my modem,and they wont do a fast profile,cuz that's the standard,they use interleaving to reach contract speed,so people will not complain.
So my problem is to get rid of G.inp and set my line in fast using a modem that can do this kind of tweaks.Since i can do some tweaks from my modem means that the dslam accepts the tweaks, i can change the data rate,lowering it,snr will increase and the interleaving too,sra,trellis etc etc.
I cant find a modem with this kind of tweaks, like delay/inp,i found some that can do CO/CPE, but the tweaks can work only in CO,simply cuz u create a vdsl line and u can choose whatever u want.
I found this modem Kasda KW52283,and looking at the manual there is a setting that u can choose,PTM configuration Path0(fast) Path1 (interleaved) look in the manual page 18.
manual here
what do you think guys?is it possible to do it?maybe you know a different modem that have CO settings in a CPE modem.i looked at some cisco 880va,but it looks complicated to configure.
thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 60