Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 60

Author Topic: I have G.INP on ECI  (Read 236529 times)

digitalnemesis

• Reg Member
Re: I have G.INP on ECI
« Reply #555 on: May 04, 2016, 04:04:14 PM »

Any insider info as to when G.INP may me enabled on ECI lines?

I do miss this feature especially with VOIP calls.

forceware

« Reply #556 on: May 04, 2016, 04:23:48 PM »

Agreed it did nothing but good for my online gaming.

Dave2150

• Reg Member
« Reply #557 on: May 04, 2016, 04:32:15 PM »

Meh - bye bye G.INP  :(

Lost 4mbps downstream, my ping has almost doubled and by tomorrow I'll probably be banded once the DS CRC's start rolling in when it gets dark. My stats before and after are on MDWS for anyone interested.

Presumably BT will simply leave the hundreds of ECI cabinets as they are now - it obviously costs them too much money in manhours to rollout new technologies to sub standard cabinets.

jamesfoley

« Reply #558 on: May 04, 2016, 04:32:31 PM »

I too had no issues with G.INP on my line, though it wasn't too bad before I had G.INP applied, just a little noisy.

Just had my resync that stuck me back on fastpath so I'm guessing my graphs will be plastered with downstream errors again :(

dambuilder

« Reply #559 on: May 04, 2016, 06:00:17 PM »

Well just over 3 days since G.INP was removed and Interleaving applied I'm back on FastPath as of 4pm today. Strange time I thought?
Still from my G.INP days I'm down 5k on max and about 3k on actual and ping seems to be around 12ms instead of 10 but it is teatime I suppose.

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #560 on: May 04, 2016, 06:04:27 PM »

Maybe ECI will do a swap for some V41s  :-\

Should be fixable though its not like everyone has had problems.

atkinsong

• Reg Member
« Reply #561 on: May 04, 2016, 06:08:55 PM »

Having spent an entire career applying logical thought in a problem solving role, trying to understand what is going on here has me beaten.

Before G.INP I had almost 4 years of fastpath connection with 70 to 80 error seconds per day. The broadcom based HG612 gave a consistently higher sync than anything Lantiq based, by about 3 Mb or so.

G.INP is rolled out and the HG612 takes a 3Mb hit, whilst Lantiq based kit does the opposite. Still on fastpath, but now zero error seconds. So I switch from having the HG612 in front of the Draytek to using the VDSL connection on the Draytek itself. Net result is more or less same speed but lose the 70 to 80 error secs - so really no difference either way.

Now I see all these reports of people with high error rates losing G.INP that has greatly improved their connection, whilst G.INP remains steadfastly active on my line when really it isn't doing much at all.

Go figure!
ISP:A&A, FTTP 160/30, Router Fritzbox 7530

Geekofbroadband

• Reg Member
« Reply #562 on: May 04, 2016, 06:09:45 PM »

My type B HH5 just rebooted today and it looks like DLM has capped my speed to 65Mbs but my maximum download speed has gone from 71Mbs to 78Mbs and my lines has never been that high with a broadcom chipset :o

Dave2150

• Reg Member
« Reply #563 on: May 04, 2016, 06:13:28 PM »

Having spent an entire career applying logical thought in a problem solving role, trying to understand what is going on here has me beaten.

Before G.INP I had almost 4 years of fastpath connection with 70 to 80 error seconds per day. The broadcom based HG612 gave a consistently higher sync than anything Lantiq based, by about 3 Mb or so.

G.INP is rolled out and the HG612 takes a 3Mb hit, whilst Lantiq based kit does the opposite. Still on fastpath, but now zero error seconds. So I switch from having the HG612 in front of the Draytek to using the VDSL connection on the Draytek itself. Net result is more or less same speed but lose the 70 to 80 error secs - so really no difference either way.

Now I see all these reports of people with high error rates losing G.INP that has greatly improved their connection, whilst G.INP remains steadfastly active on my line when really it isn't doing much at all.

Go figure!

I presume your on a Huawei cabinet, or you'd have lost G.INP too recently. This thread is related to the ECI cabinet G.INP rollout - which has been troublesome to say the least. The Huawei rollout is complete and there are no problems with it, hence your line gets to keep it.

atkinsong

• Reg Member
« Reply #564 on: May 04, 2016, 06:29:20 PM »

Nope - if you check back you will see I am very much on an ECI cab!!

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #565 on: May 04, 2016, 06:40:28 PM »

DLM took action and lowered my INP so it still seems functional for me.

When I got the e-mail I was expecting it to have gone.

skyeci

• Kitizen
« Reply #566 on: May 04, 2016, 06:44:08 PM »

Just warming you up for the main event to come!  :P

atkinsong

• Reg Member
« Reply #567 on: May 04, 2016, 06:49:03 PM »

Go figure!

Well, talk about tempting fate! Just had resync and G.INP gone. Left me with interleaving; Attainable 52700; Actual 46353.

So a loss of 6Mb compared to pre G.INP. Words fail me!

skyeci

• Kitizen
« Reply #568 on: May 04, 2016, 06:51:44 PM »

Lol... that's class - sorry to hear of your loss   ;)

Dave2150

• Reg Member
« Reply #569 on: May 04, 2016, 06:54:40 PM »

Well, talk about tempting fate! Just had resync and G.INP gone. Left me with interleaving; Attainable 52700; Actual 46353.

So a loss of 6Mb compared to pre G.INP. Words fail me!

We shoud start a support group thread, for those left with significantly worse connections after the G.INP removal  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:56:23 PM by burakkucat »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 60