Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Amazon Logistics, Sunday deliveries  (Read 1286 times)

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Amazon Logistics, Sunday deliveries
« on: March 06, 2016, 11:21:12 AM »

A few weeks ago, late on a Saturday evening,  I clicked 'buy' on Amazon item with free delivery.   Over morning tea on the Monday I checked my weekend's email, two from Amazon - 'dispatched' and 'out for delivery'.  I had just about time to think ' Oh yeah?', then the doorbell rang.... it had arrived.

Last week I bought some more stuff, free delivery.  It took 4/5 days this time but got the dispatch notification yesterday and then this morning an update, 'out for delivery'.   On a Sunday.  :o

Not entirely sure I approve.  I kind of subscribe to the notion that, regardless of any religious inclinations,  Sunday should be kept 'different' from the other days...  At least it used to be the one day that was safe to head out , without fear of missing an attempted delivery.   :(

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Amazon Logistics, Sunday deliveries
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 07:18:36 PM »

It does seem to becoming more often and Ive experienced it 3 times over the past few months myself.   With my bust foot Ive been having to order a lot more things online, so this partially may be the reason Ive noticed it more.   

I ordered something from Argos which arrived on a Sunday.   
Same with Pets At Home, which caught me out when I ordered some special food for Zigs.  It said free delivery in 4/5 days and it turned up the next day.
None of them were special orders, nor did I pay extra.  They were all free delivery except in the case of Argos which was their standard delivery charge.

Not entirely sure I approve.

I totally get where you are coming from on this.   It seems retail is becoming 24/7/364...  and even that 364 is on the verge of becomming 365.  :(

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker