Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: DSLstats v5.7.1 released  (Read 30806 times)

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
Re: DSLstats v5.7.1 released
« Reply #60 on: February 29, 2016, 04:10:34 PM »

Not sure if its relevant/helpful, but this is on a WinXP machine and it appeared the first time I opened DSLStats (from the system tray) after XP came out of hibernation (which it accidentally fell in overnight).

FWIW I have just downgraded to v5.6 again on the XP machine - with which I never had any problems.

With v5.7.1 I did receive the occasional Floating Point Error but the bigger problem was that DSLStats was not uploading any data - the icon still appeared in the system tray so I thought it as active - but disappeared when I tried to open it - and relaunching the software kept causing it to close/disappear within a few seconds.

If it helps to send any logs etc. to help id the problem please let me know

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2016, 06:42:39 PM »

I've never been comfortable about how DSLstats deals with Windows hibernation. I simply don't have enough knowledge of Windows (I haven't used it for myself since 2000). All I can advise on this is to shut down DSLstats before hibernation.
  Eric

pluto

« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2016, 11:57:04 AM »

Just installed 5.7.1 for Windows. Avast anti-virus chose to flag the main executable as a "probably unwanted program".

I've sent off their advisory to tell them otherwise.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2016, 08:49:51 AM »

Something rather odd this morning! The graphs are visibly progressing, but speeds are not showing in bottom section. the other details are. All was normal yesterday.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2016, 09:07:34 AM »

That's certainly an oddity. Nothing has changed recently in that area of the program, so hopefully it's just a one-off glitch. Just to make sure that it isn't just a redraw problem, does it look the same after minimising / restoring DSLstats?
  Eric

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2016, 12:06:36 PM »

For moment looks as if one off, but am having problems with Win reinstallation. I'll come back i d c if it recurs when I do a normal full system reboot and start dslstats.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2016, 01:11:24 PM »

I'm having issues with 5.7.1 also. It keeps crashing and giving errors on startup.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2016, 03:56:57 PM »

How does it crash? What are the error messages?
  Eric

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2016, 04:02:57 PM »

It is usually when I take the monitor out of sleep mode. I click the DSLstats icon in the windows bar which doesn't bring it up. It states DSLstats is not responding and shuts down.
As for the error at the beginning, I shall report back when it happens. Usually after a crash.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2016, 02:11:24 PM »

The error after a crash is division by zero.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2016, 04:13:50 PM »

Thanks for the information. I'm working on a possible solution to the division by zero error, although I'm unable to discover what exactly is causing it. The behaviour on coming out of hibernation is uncontrolled, and I'm afraid that all I can offer at present is either to shut down DSLstats manually when the PC is heading towards hibernation, or use a Raspberry Pi and leave it running 24/7.
  Eric

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2016, 04:18:33 PM »

I'll maybe revert to the older version as that did not give me this issue. Strange one.

LaurieR

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2016, 06:13:35 PM »

DSLstats on my new RPi 3 has an odd problem - it doesn't remember the MyDSLWebStats username/validation key after a reboot; the fields are blank so there's an error message at startup. If I put them in manually it works fine - until a reboot.
It does remember the modem logon/password (which is NOT admin/admin).

It was working fine on my RPi 2 (which is now a standalone media server) with AFAIK exactly the same OS and software - very strange.

I'm sure I'm doing something silly ...

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2016, 06:47:07 PM »

That's a bit strange. The MDWS values are saved in the same file as the login details. Could you check the file
/home/pi/.dslstats/dslstats.ini , and check that is has a [mydslwebstats] section near the end. It should look something like this:

[mydslwebstats]
Warning shown=1
Do webstats=0
Webstats name=<your MDWS name>
Validation key=<encrypted validation key>
ZIPUploadTime=42436.414634375
Curl path=/usr/bin/curl
Bitloading=1
SNR per tone=1
HLog=1
QLN=1
  Eric

licquorice

• Reg Member
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2016, 07:35:28 PM »

I'm still getting the occasional Floating Point Error on the RPi. Happy to look through any logs if it would help and you can point me in the right direction. I've had a look in various logs in /var/log but can't see anything.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8