Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

It's my turn

(1/6) > >>

roseway:
.. to get an unstable ADSL connection. :(

My connection has been very stable for over a year now, but yesterday it started dropping out repeatedly for no apparent reason. It's probably due to the weather - we've got overhead telephone lines here, and the last time this happened it was during a cold snowy period. There's no audible noise on the phone.

I've used DMT to increase my target noise margin to 12 dB, but apart from that I'm going to sit it out and wait for it to correct itself when the weather improves, as it did last time. I'll switch off the router when it's not being used, to minimise the number of unscheduled disconnections.

Thankfully it hasn't seriously clobbered my IP profile - it's gone down from 5000 to 3500, which is of course still perfectly usable. Happy days! :)

kitz:
sigh - adsl is so fragile at times.   :(

Hope it sorts itself soon eric

Astral:
I've a feeling that IP profile is going to become a bit of a side issue with the steep increase in traffic brought about by the advent of BBCi-player and the like. My profile is a steady 7150 but I was struggling to get 3Mb download at past 3am the other day.

Hope your wet wires dry out soon. :)

kitz:
>> My profile is a steady 7150 but I was struggling to get 3Mb download at past 3am the other day

Something not un-noticed by a few others too :/

b4dger:
Obviously your ISP also have a large impact of any capacity issues - some have more capacity than others and some providers also manage it better than others!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version