Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Huawei HG612 not showing DSL uptime  (Read 2385 times)

Sptz

• Just arrived
Huawei HG612 not showing DSL uptime
« on: January 28, 2016, 07:45:44 AM »

Hi everyone,

I've been running an unlocked with latest firmware HG612 with an AC68U router since June with EE's 78mb fibre and it's been great!
Yesterday, though, I started getting intermittent Internet connection issues and noticed something was up with the dsl connection as it was reconnecting a lot of times, it seems to be stable now although on the xdsl page it doesn't show uptime like it used to have, it just displays a "0", I tried re-uploading my config file to see if it would "kick out of it" to no avail.

I've attached a screenshot of the issue.

Does anyone know what's going on? Because this is sort of telling something isn't right.

Cheers

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Huawei HG612 not showing DSL uptime
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 09:56:15 AM »

Out of curiosity I just checked mine, and it also shows zero there. My true DSL uptime is over 86 days. Unfortunately the HG612 is rather notorious for the inaccuracies in its GUI, but I hadn't noticed this one before.

To get the true information you need to log in by telnet and run some commands, or install one of the monitoring programs (HG612_Modem_Stats or DSLstats). To log in by telnet, the user name is admin and the password is also admin (even if you've changed it in the GUI). This takes you to the prompt 'ATP>' and you then type sh to get to the Busybox shell. Now type xdslcmd info --stats to get the detailed stats; the uptime is at the end, where it says 'Since Link time = ...'.
  Eric

Sptz

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 02:43:04 PM »

Thanks for the reply. It's odd because I've always been able to see it, that page was always updated, this happened only yesterday after the intermittent connection issues.

licquorice

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 03:26:56 PM »

Mine also shows zero in the gui but correct data via telnet.

anything