Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Asus DSL-N55U & and possible dysfunctional port forwarding  (Read 1285 times)

ryan2390

Asus DSL-N55U & and possible dysfunctional port forwarding
« on: January 08, 2016, 09:34:22 PM »

Hello All,

Having a spot of bother (I think) with my DSL-N55U. I recently decided not to carry on playing games on my Xbox 360 as I have a more than capable gaming PC so I went out and bought a physical copy of GTA V for PC. Once I had waited three nights for it to update I went to play online and kept experiencing issues. Mass disconnects and other general issues.

After looking on the internet it was suggested I set up port forwarding which I  have done yet apparently makes little to no difference. Only way around was to disable the firewall on the router which I don't like doing. I have since updated the firmware and have yet to really try for a couple of hours to play.

My question is do any of you have one? I admit I was in PC world as my current Home Hub 4 was on the blink and a look on the net said it was alright and it has served us well in the couple of years or so we've had it. Until my Gramps upgraded to VDSL2 he had one two and they are now working together using WDS to give us some wireless coverage in the garden and conservatory.

I've had a friend do a port scan and he can't see the ports being open and I am at a loss how to confirm port forwarding is working and it's a glitch with the game. I even rang up my ISP, BT, to check only to be told that for that sort of help they want £30 so I can speak to their tech experts whatever they are! As you can imagine I told them to bog off.

So any ideas? I would be grateful. In the mean time going to load up the game and try it. See if the firmware upgrade has worked.