Announcements > News Articles

For info .... Openreach 10G Ethernet

(1/2) > >>

Black Sheep:
We’ve launched a 10G Ethernet product for our customers

I’m delighted to announce that yesterday we launched an exciting new variant of our Ethernet Access Direct (EAD) portfolio, with the introduction of a 10G product.

An extremely proud day for many people in Openreach. The launch of our fabulous new product is the result of fantastic collaboration, enthusiasm and effort across a number of business units. I’d like to personally thank everyone involved for getting us to this point - we couldn’t have done it without your combined energies.
What is most pleasing about this product launch, is the fact that it has been a truly CP customer focused approach from the beginning.

As a business we’ve identified a customer need, worked with our CPs to design and deliver a successful trial and now we’re in full launch.
We know there is demand in the market for high capacity connectivity services and we’ve moved quickly to address this. Our new product offers 10 times the bandwidth of our current 1G service, but crucially, is available from around only twice the price.
In our opinion, this is a market leading price for an active 10G product and we’re confident we’ll capture market share across our customer segments:

•Our LLU customers such as Sky, Talk-Talk and BT Consumer require high capacity networks to ensure their copper and increasingly fibre broadband offerings keep pace with their customers’ expectations driving demand for 10G backhaul.
•Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) are busy upgrading their networks as 4G services advance and mature. EAD 10G will provide an evolved backhaul solution for them
•The Business market is increasingly using data centres and "cloud" based services for its IT and communications needs. These increasingly require high capacity network access that EAD 10G will provide.

The Ethernet marketplace is competitive, and that means there’s lots of opportunity for us. EAD 10G, along with the rest of our EAD portfolio, has a huge role to play, as we deliver high bandwidth connectivity services to our CP customers across the UK.
These are exciting times as we continue to design and deliver customer focused products and services that help build Britain’s connected future.

Jon Hurry

Admin - Slightly changed topic title.

burakkucat:
Thank you for passing on that information.  :)

Just wondering, who is Jon Hurry and where within the BT Empire is he employed?  :-\

Black Sheep:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on September 22, 2015, 06:12:35 PM ---Thank you for passing on that information.  :)

Just wondering, who is Jon Hurry and where within the BT Empire is he employed?  :-\

--- End quote ---

I have to say, it's a first for me as well hearing his name ....... but the gentleman in question is ...... Managing Director, Customer, Commercial & Propositions , as given on our 'Internal Directory' (Older employees will have know this as the 'Infernal Directory'  ;D).

burakkucat:
I have visions of him standing on a street corner and propositioning passers-by . . .  :D

guest:
So he's the cold-caller then? ;)

Edit - also words like "fabulous" & fantastic" are probably things not to be said to technical peeps by execs :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version