Announcements > Site Announcements

Site running slow

(1/11) > >>

kitz:
Heads up guys, that for some reason this forum is running particulary slow tonight.

The site is hosted across 4 servers..  which server you land on is kinda pot luck, but investigations from this end would appear that server 02 is coming under some strain.

Therefore if you hit server 02.... then unlucky and you go nowhere fast ... :(
If you wait a couple of mins and try refreshing the page, then hopefully you will land on one of the other 3 servers which should then serve the page.

Ive already contacted my ISP about this, who are supposed to be looking into it.

For some reason though, I seem to keep hitting server 02.. its almost like its sticking to me :/

roseway:
It's still happening this morning unfortunately. Yesterday I had a couple of occasions in which I was using the forum normally and it suddenly seized up when I was trying to post a message.

Eric

(And it happened when I tried to post this one too)

Astral:
I've been trying all morning to no avail, but seems to be OK now. Or did I just hit a lucky server thiis once. We shall see.

kitz:
Yeah I get the same thing..  hit a good server and it will run ok,  and then hit a really bad patch.
I'll try put a script up on the bottom of the page in a bit.. so we can check which server we're hitting.

Problem Ive been having with reporting this, is that some users and PN say they arent seeing any problems. grrrr.

kitz:
ok guys..
sorry maybe not a good idea to try edit a script when site goes slow.

*just put everything back to normal*

my fault if you just got a pile of errors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version