Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: DSLstats v5.6 released  (Read 38774 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats v5.6 released
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2015, 06:42:42 PM »

I am also getting divide by zero error on pc

I really am sorry about this issue, but I've been totally unable to find the cause so far. I don't have a Windows PC which I can leave running 24/7, and I can't reproduce the error on other OS's. I'm going to try a brute force solution, error trapping every floating point division in the program and logging any errors which appear.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2015, 07:25:21 PM »

Eric as I have a W7 PC running 24x7 which is my DSLStats PC as well I am more than happy to run any test version you can come up with to trap this if it will help.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2015, 10:46:08 PM »

Thanks Stuart.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2015, 08:43:30 AM »

Eric I just had another error just ten days after the previous error. In fact looking at the timing it was just over 10 days, the previous one was 25/11 at 22.30 and today 6/12 at 08.30. So my prediction is another around 16/12 probably around 18.00 to 19.00 - now to see how well I've predicted it. Also assumes no reboots etc on the PC  ;)

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2015, 10:39:36 AM »

There's hardly anything which happens on a 10-day cycle. Do you possibly have the check for program updates (on the Configuration --> Misc tab) set to 10 days?
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2015, 11:13:35 AM »

Well I have it set to check daily for updates, also I do not have it deleting any snapshots at present and I can find nothing in the settings which would be based on a 10 day schedule either. I gather from earlier comments that this only happens on Windows and no one running it on Linux has seen it (or if they have they have not reported it).

One thing that appeared to happen today was that I did not see the error message immediately I switched over to the W7 PC on my KVM switch until I selected DSLStats as the active display on the desktop, this was all prompted by me seeing the MDWS warning email so it is difficult to know exactly when the error happened. I did check and the last graph snapshot was at 08.03 today and the MDWS email says it has not seen any recording since 08.06 today I do wonder if the process failing is the snapshots although 3 minutes is a long time (in CPU terms) after the graphs appeared in the folder. I've checked all the files saved at that time and the are all OK nothing seems missing or corrupt.

Stuart

krypton

• Reg Member
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2015, 02:28:03 PM »

I'm running dslstats 5.6.2 on the raspberry.
The floating point error appears repeatable exactly (+/-5 minutes) 10 days after deleting the config folder and start sampling. From now on the error appears every 24 hours at the same time, it doesn't matter if I restart the program at another time or only skip the error and pause/restart sampling.

As far as I know version 5.6.1 worked without this problem.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2015, 03:29:53 PM »

There's only one thing which happens on that cycle. Average errors are stored in a ten-element list. Each element contains the data for one day. 24 hours after a clean start, and each 24 hours thereafter, each element in the list is moved up one place and a new blank set of data is added to the bottom. After ten days the list is fully populated, and the topmost element is discarded each 24 hours.

Of course there's no floating point division in this process, but it looks as though something unexpected must be happening at the point where the ten day period is reached...

There was one relevant change between v5.6.1 and v5.6.2:

the state of the error averages 24-hour/Modem-uptime option is now saved and restored

Eric

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2015, 10:08:13 PM »

Hi Eric, someones just brought it too my attention that this program no longer works on Netgear routers.... can I ask why?  and do you have access to previous versions so that one can get the last version that was supported?

Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2015, 11:00:06 PM »

It's not exactly that DSLstats no longer works with Netgear modems. But newer models and newer firmware versions seem to be getting increasingly problematic, and I'm completely unable to support them. I don't think it's related to newer versions of DSLstats.
  Eric

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2015, 12:53:20 PM »

thanks Eric

it no longer works on the DGND3700v2, when ive checked it says the latest firmware upgrade was to fix the SOAP issue which left the router open to hackers, maybe that issue is on a few netgears and causing the problematic telnet access with DSLstats, I know someone who is using DMT Tool and RouterStats but just wanted to use DSLstats

cheers
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2015, 09:41:34 PM »

The divide by zero error has not emerged since selecting 24 Hour averages if I was to select modem/router uptime averages on the PC DSLstats 5.6.2 the error comes back this must be the place that needs a close inspection.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2015, 10:49:09 PM »

Thanks for that useful information.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2015, 08:35:53 AM »

Just to confirm that I have Modem/Router uptime averages selected as well and I am seeing the error. I have changed to 24 hour now and will see if I get any more.

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2015, 09:48:56 AM »

Thanks Stuart.
  Eric
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8