Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Slow upload  (Read 6014 times)

forceware

Re: Slow upload
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 05:18:18 AM »

Have just order one, should be here Monday ,Tuesday.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 05:32:48 PM »

It may not be the cure but if you request a BTOR visit they will replace the MK2 with a MK3 anyway, your upstream looks like its got heavy interference from a source as the SNRM dB. graph show this up well.

Your Downstream SNRM has the usual dip before sunset and then it rises again before sunrise that seems to be common for longer lines and the source is radio propagation from distant stations.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 09:12:57 PM by NewtronStar »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2015, 09:28:02 PM »

I hope you don't mind me asking if you did anything this evening at 18:28 as your DS SNRM has dropped suddenly from 7.0dB to 4.4dB  :-\

forceware

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2015, 11:21:30 PM »

Yes, I noticed that too it was exactly when I turned on my ps4. It's connected via Ethernet. I turned it off again at 23:05 when it went back up again. Very odd I'll try some more tests in the morning when I've more headroom on the snr

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2015, 11:26:45 PM »

Switching power supply going faulty and injecting REIN into the circuit, perhaps?  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

forceware

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2015, 11:42:17 PM »

Yes the psu is close to the Ethernet port on the back, I've 2 ps4s in the house my son is on his at the moment. I'm not staying up to see what happens when he turns is off! I will look in the morning but i will be able to swap things around to test various combinations.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 06:33:31 AM »

I’ve been using mains filtering and conditioning because I had my doubts about the quality of the waveform coming out of a UPS, and also because a bit of extra lightning protection can't hurt. I’m now using a Belkin PureAV 8-mains block on the output of the UPS.

[and that’s not all as there’s a whole lot of additional totally over the top mains defence stuff in there too, as an experiment. With >63 ds attn and living on too of a hill 400ft up above the sea in quite a storm exposed region I’m simply trying to improve my chances for better signal quality as far as humanly possible, while at the same time attacking the wrong problem by protecting mains as much as I can whereas of course it is the copper DSL link that is the real storm threat here.]

forceware

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2015, 12:16:33 PM »

i turned on two playstations and one plasma tv at 9.40n this morning for 10 mins and saw a 0.5 drop in snr, nothing compared to the 2.0 last night at 18.30.my ups has mains filtering and conditioning included in it and rfi suppression, its designed for pc use.

forceware

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2015, 02:53:17 PM »

I see the traffic lights on mydslstats are green. Does this mean if they stay like that that DLM may remove interleaving?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2015, 03:59:06 PM »

I see the traffic lights on mydslstats are green. Does this mean if they stay like that that DLM may remove interleaving?

I hope you get the DS G.INP profile on ECI cabinet well before your line gets the old fastpath profile  ;)

It's just a pitty we can't get you US cleaned up but the SSFP MK3 may do this  :-\
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 04:07:37 PM by NewtronStar »

forceware

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2015, 04:58:52 PM »

Yes I hope so too newtronstar. On fastpath I ping 13ms to bbc.currently 22ms interleaved. From my understanding of g.inp I will go back to 13ms but when my line has error seconds ping will increase for that time only while g.inp does it work. My line being punished when it does a crime rather than being punished all of the time just in case it does a crime. Is this correct?

forceware

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2015, 10:42:50 AM »

How do I go about capping the sync speed on my hg612. I would be quite happy with 10mb down, that should give me good snr headroom. I've the latest g.inp software installed. Any help would be much appreciated. I can see anywhere on the web interface to do it

forceware

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2015, 10:50:49 AM »

I forgot to mention, I emailed the graph of my upload snr to BT and the have sent an engineer as the said it should not be like that, he is currently up the pole atm. So if I'm lucky enough to to get a dlm reset I would like to stay on fastpath and I feel this would be my best course of action.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything