Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: HG612 with B030SP08 won't connect in PPPOE Bridge Mode any more  (Read 1368 times)

LorianNod

• Just arrived

Hello all.

I have two HG612s - identical hardware. Both have the same config - to allow my Vigor 2860 router to use the HG612 in PPPOE_BRIDGED mode. Both HG612s are unlocked.

One has B28SP10 on it
One has B030SP08 on it.

I'd been using the one with B030SP08 on it since my cab had G.INP enabled (4 or 5 weeks ago). Worked fine.

Then we had a brief power cut about a week ago. When the power was back, the modem was in sync, but the Vigor router was reporting that the PPPOE server was not responding. Left it ages, still the same. Powered all off for an hour and more, still the same.

When I put the HG612 with B28SP10 loaded in its place, it connected straight away........
When I put the HG612 with B030SP08 on it, no connection.
Back to the B28SP10 modem now, works ok again.

Obviously I want the one with B030SP08 back on the line to get channel 2 for G.INP as otherwise I loose some download speed.

I've double checked the settings are the same on both HG612s.

Anyone any ideas why the one with the newer firmware will no longer make the connection?

Dray

• Kitizen
Re: HG612 with B030SP08 won't connect in PPPOE Bridge Mode any more
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 07:58:51 PM »

You're not with Zen are you?

LorianNod

• Just arrived
Re: HG612 with B030SP08 won't connect in PPPOE Bridge Mode any more
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 08:02:36 PM »

PlusNet.

I spoke to CS when it first happened and they could see no stale PPPOE sessions, and indeed they modified their kit to kill stale PPPOE session after a couple of minutes, a long time ago.

Also I ruled out the vigor being the cause - I tried using a PC as the PPPOE dialer - and it doesn't work on the one with the newer firmware, does on the older one.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 08:06:04 PM by LorianNod »

anything