Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Strange Drop in S/N at same time each night  (Read 1109 times)

ardsar

• Reg Member
Strange Drop in S/N at same time each night
« on: March 26, 2015, 08:05:30 AM »

was looking at my Mydslwebstats (ardsar) this morning and noticed that around 10:50pm most nights, i get a drop in S/N for a period of approx half an hour. Only the downstream is effected so unsure if this is caused by a neighbours modem. Nothing at home switches at that time.

I've also been banded since before Christmas and assume that this will not be removed unless the ES drops below 140 / day? 

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Strange Drop in S/N at same time each night
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 05:08:23 PM »

Regular (as in once every 24 hours) but peculiar drops in SNRM of which the source cannot be established just have to be regarded as "One of life's little mysteries". Over the course of an average year I will experience such events that may last for (say) four to seven days and then completely disappear. We must not forget that any xDSL service in this country is a "best effort" service.  ;)

As for your banded profile, it may remain until G.Inp has been applied to your circuit and, as a consequence, the ES drop to an insignificant value. Knowing how N*Star's circuit was so afflicted, the application of G.Inp has made a significant difference. If it wasn't for the RFI originating from Radio China International I would thought it was a totally different circuit!
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

anything