Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: New connection - high FEC  (Read 13363 times)

WWWombat

• Kitizen
Re: New connection - high FEC
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2015, 06:05:45 PM »

Can get the post sync ones later if useful.
I'm sure it will be useful.

Are you referring to the large spike on the 17th (that was the time when the ssfp was changed) or a later one?

I meant the one around 1pm on the 18th, after you'd reported on the SSFP. However, I'd forgotten you'd only done a few of the necessary steps, so some problems are only to be expected.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2015, 06:33:10 PM »

Resync this morning.  Now have 40000/10000 I wonder is this is as a result of the ssfp or g.inp or both? And will it last?

I very much doubt G.INP alone would have been a able to stablize your SNRM which was the main issue in your case due to interference from other extension and that's what the SSFP does it seperates voice and broadband signals at the source NTE5 (master socket).

I was waiting for your sync speed to increase and it has due to a stable snrm and less errors.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 06:36:18 PM by NewtronStar »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2015, 09:38:21 PM »

Looking at the Hlog graph, it is still indicating a state of sub-optimum wiring.

I am waiting to see that graph once the dedicated data extension socket (connected with Cat5e cable) has been fitted.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2015, 10:46:27 PM »

You also had one spike of CRCs since the SSFP was changed, so that might not have been the full answer to stabilising your line.

From what i have gathered from lloyd this is a self install of FTTC so the SSFP would not be provided under the scheme it's upto the end user to install the correct devices for FTTC and as you know when a BT OR engineer installs FTTC in the premises an SSFP is a must.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]