Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ADSL Long Line With DG834GT .  (Read 12611 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Re: ADSL Long Line With DG834GT .
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2015, 11:54:19 AM »

Is your upstream synch still fluctuating a lot?
Does the bitswapping graph gives any indication that certain tones are getting hammered?
Have you checked your master socket for corrosion (terrible memory, soz)?

How far are you from the nearest PCP / house drop cable length / quality?
Over days/weeks up and down will start fast and get lower and lower like 64k up and I have to power off for the modem for some time and it will restore to full speed then it starts all over again.

Only a few tones change across the ranges.

No corrosion.... 6 JBP away to PCP. They did find a corroded crimp in fist JBP where it comes from our house some years ago after he pumped the water out. :o.He did replace the the underground cable to our house at the same time (there was nothing wrong with that as I use it to my workshop for intercom ) ;)

PCP is 385Metre's away . All underground.  house to pcp to exchange. have seen in PCP it looks a mess- like a rats nest of wires. :o
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2015, 04:08:01 PM »

No idea what a JBP is! :)

I would press your ISP for a BTOR visit. Upstream down negotiation to 64k is more than enough justification, given you've swapped the modem at least once and have disconnected your internal wiring, you should have no problems.

Guessing more corrosion on the upstream leg, whereeve they found the last lot or it's dangling in the PCP perhaps :P

Get em booked! :)

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2015, 08:00:38 PM »

No idea what a JBP is! :)

I would press your ISP for a BTOR visit. Upstream down negotiation to 64k is more than enough justification, given you've swapped the modem at least once and have disconnected your internal wiring, you should have no problems.

Guessing more corrosion on the upstream leg, whereeve they found the last lot or it's dangling in the PCP perhaps :P

Get em booked! :)

Junction Box in Pavement.(manhole).

Graphs added 24.1.15. after 'up' dropped down to 96k  :'(
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 02:00:16 PM by tickmike »
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2015, 01:58:49 PM »

More graphs, Down speed is not bad.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2015, 08:33:51 PM »

Today at lunch time and again in the mid-afternoon it went very dark and the snow came down and look at the corresponding dips in SNR Margin at 13.15 and 15.30  :hmm:.
These are exactly when it went dark and soon as it started to get light the SNR Margin went up again.

No noticeable errors for those times.

Maybe it is some street lighting somewhere causing this or a light sensitive joint !.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 02:50:44 PM by tickmike »

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2015, 02:49:35 PM »

Well it looks like something changed yesterday  :) because what ever has been making the SNR Margin change at 8am and 4 pm each day stopped and it did not change at 8 am this morning.

I'm going to power down modem for a few hours while I do some work and see if I can get a better connection, one that does not keep changing or dropping out.
Pages: 1 2 [3]