Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can someone look at my 3hour VDSL stats please?  (Read 6431 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Can someone look at my 3hour VDSL stats please?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 10:56:29 PM »

TBH, I would stick with the HG612 as all stats in a familiar format are so easily obtained, logged & graphed.
Some users believe the ECI modem works best with ECI DSALMS & some say it makes little if any difference.

To back up what BE says:   Im on an ECI cab and my line syncs much better with Broadcom based modems.   

Although I dont use an ECI modem, I do have a couple of other routers which contain the same Lantiq VRX-268 chipset as the BT ECI modem.  The HG612 with its BCM chipset performs better for me than the Lantiqs do. The VRX-268 is a stable chipset, but IMHO shortish lines definitely seem to fair much better with the BCMs regardless if its on a Huawei or ECI cab.     
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 11:09:02 PM »

yea I'm in Shaw. The cabinet is on the corner of Fraser Street and Salts Street. It shows up on the recent google street view map.

The BT status page is: https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

Though I've just visited it now and its saying the fault as been resolved;
Time resolved:
Dialling codes affected: 0161
We've fixed the problem in the Manchester area so your broadband should now be working. If it isn't, try restarting your modem or router.

When the HH5 was resync'ing all morning I've never had that happen before. Though its possible it might have been an issue with the HH5 as the event log seems to have gone crazy, reporting that devices have disconnected yet they were never on. Also I noticed the time sync that its supposed to do seemed an hour out. Maybe it was having some issue with that new firmware thats been rolled out.

I'll keep the modem connected and monitor the situation.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 11:13:26 PM »

I'm hoping the modem holds sync. To be honest the only disconnects I've had is that 14 HH5 reboot it does. I've never had any de-syncs normally (with the exception of that morning I mentioned).

So I guess its a wait and see. I do like this modem and feel happier to use the modem. I have got a Asus RT-N66U waiting in the wings to replace the HH5's routing. But I'll wait for this situation to settle down first.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2
Pages: 1 [2]