Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: DLM Banded Profiles?  (Read 45649 times)

b4dger

• Reg Member
    • HmmmUK
Re: DLM Banded Profiles?
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2015, 03:57:06 PM »

So ECI do support via a FW update, that makes much more sense because clearly the chipset is capable as ECI cabinets use the same chipset.

So those ECI modems in the wild should get an automatic update and the issue should only be with ECI stock in engineer vans and BT's warehouse.
I bought a spare ECI for contingency - am I right in thinking that that's now going to be a problem? If my live ECI modem gets a FW update does that mean that I'll have problems if I come to use my backup ECI in the future? If I'm right in thinking this and the FW can't be updated easily then there will also be a lot of duff ECI modems available on eBay etc. in the future.

Apologies if I'm reading about these changes and getting myself confused  ???

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2015, 05:38:57 PM »

My guess is if phyr is enabled on your line prior to you plugging in that ECI and it has firmware that doesnt support the mode, then you will need a DLM reset to get it working.

b4dger

• Reg Member
    • HmmmUK
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2015, 05:57:24 PM »

Yes that's how I've read things.

This won't make troubleshooting any easier. I bought a replacement ECI modem as ISPs often say to try a replacement when there is a fault!

Perhaps if BT hadn't locked the things down that would give people the chance to upgrade the firmware like they do for 'normal' modems/routers  >:(

ardsar

• Reg Member
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2015, 08:23:58 AM »

I notice on the billion router there is a section in the settings for TR-069. Should I set this up? Would it help?

No, TR-069 is the protocol used for remote control of the device. ISPs use it for remotely upgrading the firmware in devices they've supplied (for example). It has nothing to do with the DSL performance.

Im getting a little confused. On another forum a poster has written:-

"TR069 is used by DLM daily, without it DLM would not be checking your connection daily. If there are entries in your routers log (i guarantee there is and probably under "system log") then it is not disabled. Look for anything relating to "TR069" "Profile" "Change" "Update" and similar terms if there is not a filter for TR069 entries."

Using the Billion router, TR069 is not enabled. My DL speed has been banded for over 4 weeks with an average S/N of 8dB and ES of 230. What is stopping my banding from changing? I know when I was using the HH5, there were lots of entries containing "TR069 Value change" etc so clearly parameters were being changed by TR069.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2015, 08:49:48 AM »

Eric is correct.  Tr069 is nothing to do with the DLM.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2015, 12:17:44 PM »

Finally  ;D

I had an RDI at 12:10 midday - this I found very unusual for DLM ???

I've got the Zyxel coming but going to leave the HG612 on for a few days now to see how its coping, don't want to mess about just yet  :)

If i'm correct, with my current sync, 69335kbps, likely that DLM is now going up the banding? So i'm now on a 70mb band? But with a 6.1dB SNR margin, may the line be at its limit?
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2015, 04:57:59 PM »

In the latest, this happened earlier, attached, one of the upstream bands has no SNR at all ???
Kind Regards
Jamie

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2015, 12:20:32 AM »

After having confirmation, TalkTalk use Standard for all customers, I'm possibly due another DLM change by Sunday. I'm assuming my caution count decreased from 14 down to 8.

Am I right in thinking that when the caution count of in my case 14 results in a profile change, then the count is decreased to the lower count level, i.e 8?

Further interest, here's my old BTW check:

And now, here's my new one:

Seems the ranges have dropped ever so slightly, by about 2mbps - joys of crosstalk  >:(
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 12:32:23 AM by jid »
Kind Regards
Jamie

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2015, 12:20:49 PM »

Ironically my estimates have gone up slightly since a few months ago lol.

Also the DLM intervention time is odd, it used to be between 2am to 7am in the morning here, but recently it has been at other times (such as around 10am, and infact today a moment ago when upstream interleaving was removed it happened at around 11:30am~). I wonder what’s prompted the change in intervention time. G.INP still remains off however, I’m waiting for downstream interleaving to be reduced or removed given my ES+SES and resyncs are virtually non-existent. Hoping FEC errors aren't accounted for by DLM as the ASUS reports a stupidly high count.

ardsar

• Reg Member
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2015, 04:49:56 PM »

I had a stupid idea yesterday and put the hh5 back in service. The result was additional interleave and an inp of 8 together with interleaved upload and an inp of 2.5. Guess the billion was doing an excellent job which is now back in service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2015, 08:54:21 PM »

Something nasty has been happening all day today, 500,000 FEC errors a minute and lots of ES :(

Either something in the house is firing a load of RFI (unplugged all the homeplugs and it still was happening) or something externally is incredibly messed up!
Kind Regards
Jamie

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2015, 09:41:04 PM »

Something nasty has been happening all day today, 500,000 FEC errors a minute and lots of ES :(

Either something in the house is firing a load of RFI (unplugged all the homeplugs and it still was happening) or something externally is incredibly messed up!

You never mentioned your were using homeplugs, the two homeplugs will need to be removed completely from any electrical wall sockets/strips for the FEC errors to go back to normal.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2015, 09:57:50 PM »

You never mentioned your were using homeplugs, the two homeplugs will need to be removed completely from any electrical wall sockets/strips for the FEC errors to go back to normal.
Did this for 3 hours earlier and made no difference. Never had the problem before?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Kind Regards
Jamie

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2015, 10:21:29 PM »

Did this for 3 hours earlier and made no difference. Never had the problem before?
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

High FEC's like your having is more than likely to be caused by internal mains interference as your FEC's graphs are very high and it's good you removed homeplugs as a possible cause but there is still a mains issue somewhere closeby to your premises or your neighbours are the cause   :-\
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:27:07 PM by NewtronStar »

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2015, 11:07:59 PM »

DLM is bound to have me  :'(
Kind Regards
Jamie

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8