Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ADSL 10 Day Training  (Read 2555 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
ADSL 10 Day Training
« on: December 14, 2014, 05:09:57 PM »

In this post http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=14762.0     I said  they put my line on 10 training.

In above post I said I changed my modem after one day but I would like to try it again after four days out of ten.

Should I tell the isp what I have done or just let it get on with it's training ?.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: ADSL 10 Day Training
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 07:55:14 PM »

I responded in your other post before I read this one.  :/

No I wouldnt bother, because then they may just reset the line again..  which I do not believe is related to the issues you are seeing.   TBH I thought the DLM was being pretty fair considering the amount of errors that you appeared to be racking up.

You really need to investigate what is causing the errors, and only when we are at that stage is there any point in getting the DLM reset.

/just my 2p
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 04:11:24 PM »

As the boss said in the other thread, an SNR reset in your case is nothing but a 10 day waste of your time.

It pretty much doesn't matter what you do in that period because you either have a horrifically unbalanced line (BS, where are you?) or your 52 extensions are competing with half the ADSL spectrum! :)

Very easy for me to make assumptions sitting far away on a computer so apologies if this isn't particularly helpful!

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 10:40:48 PM »

It pretty much doesn't matter what you do in that period because you either have a horrifically unbalanced line (BS, where are you?) or your 52 extensions are competing with half the ADSL spectrum! :)

I have run with all the phone extensions disconnected (by removing the NTE5 faceplate and using a filter to plug the DSL in ) for some time tonight and I find as before when I have tested the was NO noticeable difference ;D

I can only use the modem stats .

With NO extensions.
-------------------------
                Downstream              Upstream   
Line rate (kbit/s)   3200               736    
CRC errors           30                        0    
FEC errors                  12                            0    
HEC errors          15                            0
--------------------------------

With the extensions back and DSL plugged into NTE5 faceplate.   

--------------------------------
                       Downstream            Upstream   
Line rate (kbit/s)   3264              736    
CRC errors           15                        0    
FEC errors            5                        0    
HEC errors          10                        0    
-------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:54:12 PM by tickmike »
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 12:19:48 AM »

I dont know which is which...  but whilst still showing a bit of noise... the graph taken at 15:33 is the better of the two.  In fact tones 40 to 150 look quite good for a longish line.

The spike at tone 64 will be the pilot tone, so no need to worry about that. Even tones 150 -180 are slightly cleaner with less spread.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 02:44:45 AM »

I was wrong it seems. They're not competing with half your DS tones but more like 80%!

Significant improvement on that QLN, well done for testing!