Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: First days with a Billion  (Read 1465 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
First days with a Billion
« on: August 17, 2014, 06:49:48 PM »

The Billion 8800NL has initially sync’d at 8507 kbps, a slight increase on the 582N’s 7852. Total bit loading of the Billion is slightly higher, 2331 bits vs 2282. SNRM average rates are much the same, though the Billion’s on the upstream seems less smooth than the Tecnicolor’s.
The 582N, I cannot recall it reporting any upstream errored seconds but the 8800 NL does.
QLN cannot be compared but there is nothing, to my inexperienced eye,  that’s concerning.

About the perceived less smooth SNRM graph, for a few weeks now the gas main in a near by road has been in course of replacement. That road is a substantial part of the route of the  copper to us. Could the new router be more sensitive?

Any comments?

OT a bit!

Any oddity I noticed is that the SNRM graphs were shown in my photo editor as of slightly different dimensions in width; 1203 pixels 582N, 1271 8800NL.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 06:52:47 PM by renluop »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: First days with a Billion
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 10:53:57 PM »

There's really nothing significant to note about the small differences between the graphs for the two devices. They will have different optimisations, such as how aggressively they bitswap for example, and these differences probably explain the difference in smoothness. Or it could just be random changes in the interference patterns.
  Eric