Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: TalkTalk HG 635 Firmware  (Read 117280 times)

les-70

• Kitizen
Re: TalkTalk HG 635 Firmware
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2014, 09:44:50 AM »

I did try that I could get the spoof device to save.  It complained as I think it needs to actually see the "spoof"  device.  Maybe I could forward to my raspberry pi as that does not accept on port 23.  There are other possibilities but I won't have my HG635 on line for bit as I don't want to disturb things for a bit.

andythebrave

« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2015, 09:35:01 PM »

I have loaded the 1.04firmware onto my desk 635 but still cannot get the telnet to work. Help (it iis a spare router I have)

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2015, 07:14:03 AM »

Do you really mean firmware or have you used a config file? The needed firmware for telnet is HG635v1.04t_multicast_with_multicfg_main.bin but you need to adapt the settings to disable the very high security risk of telnet on the WAN.  If you used a config file which one did you use?

andythebrave

« Reply #153 on: January 03, 2015, 03:10:37 PM »

HG635v1.04t_multicast_with_multicfg_main.bin I have used that bit how do I adapt the settings for the config file and what setings do I change / addon the  config file I have is the one form the hugwei site and the hg635 needs a bin file to do the firmware , I tried the one on here as well (in this thread the link the firmware ahs been taken to 1.04 but no telenet, could you please give me step by step for loading the config file and the changes need for it  please

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2015, 12:31:00 PM »

i am a bit confused.  If you have used the HG635v1.04t_multicast_with_multicfg_main.bin file to do a firmware update you will have telnet access after doing a factory reset, you don't need another config file but you will need to set the router up.  The telnet access will be open on the WAN as well as the LAN.  It is best to make all the setting changes that you want and then set the remote management port, which defaults to port 23 in that firmware, to another value e.g 7547 is TalkTalk value.  Use shields up to be sure that things are secure.

andythebrave

« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2015, 12:18:05 AM »

ok how do I change the port to 7475 if I cannot telenet onto the router that's how wheres the config file how do I load it , reason is I want to see the line stats for the router ie the hec fec crc errors seconds etc for the ptm as I am having loads of issues with the broadband as open reach appear to be useless in fixing it , what command to I type into the config file. 

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2015, 09:14:11 AM »

Lets take a step back. Please try to carefully say what you have done and what you find. You say you uploaded HG635v1.04t_multicast_with_multicfg_main.bin.

Have you done a hard reset either by using factory restore on the device gui or with a point in the reset hole on the rear? 

After that the wireless SSIDs should have names beginning with HG635 and and not the usual Talktalk one.  Check this report whether the ssids are HG....... or TALK...... .  ?

If they are HG..... and you did use that firmware file and not one of the other 3 you should have telnet access with username !!Huawei  and password  @HuaweiHgw.  Alternatively the firmware upload may have failed - it does some times.

If they are TALK....  you won't have telnet access until you you upload a config file from this thread using the device gui.  You may have used the wrong file or the upload may have failed.

I don't now  advise enabling telnet by any of these ways unless users feel competent to check and resolve the security issues -- by ensuring  telnet access on the WAN is disabled.  Earlier posst contain all that we know about doing this.

andythebrave

« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2015, 05:30:29 PM »

ok got the config file removed the users pcs form config file but ow ok got telenet thanks . will browse for telenet command to see fec errors etc thanks for help les
andy

andythebrave

« Reply #158 on: January 06, 2015, 07:29:18 PM »

ok now telenet working as per previous post on the tr69 its cpeuser , but the huaweii  password/login not work does not work I used the config from page 3

andythebrave

« Reply #159 on: January 06, 2015, 07:37:28 PM »

works now
reload the config
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 07:41:59 PM by andythebrave »

andythebrave

« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2015, 01:57:00 PM »

after loading firmware heres my instructiosn just to make it easy for logging in , if you have not loaded the firmware/config yu need to go thrugh thread and load before doing this

1.  Under maintain/device save your current configuration settings as you will need them to easily get back to normal.

2. Under maintain/device upload the attached device settings file to the TT super router.  It may or may not need renaming from .txt to .conf?

3. If that works you may/should have telnet access with login of !!Huawei  / @HuaweiHgw

4.  The settings are some sort of default and I take no responsibility at all for them.   

5.  An upload of the config file you first saved should return you to normal if your not happy
    6. on tlenet at atp eneter sh press enter
    7 then eneter xdslcmd info --stats   

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2015, 09:14:35 PM »

It is much better to start with the normal config file use the approach in http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,15574.msg290230.html#msg290230

I recommend that over over the config files in this thread.

RobV

• Just arrived
« Reply #162 on: October 21, 2015, 08:54:24 PM »

Great work guys, I happily have my 1.04T running on a non TT line and telnet open via the python script :) Only issue I currently see is that one of the hidden pages http://192.168.0.254/html/advance.html#parent_control (yes im using a different ip) has issues applying the url filter rules (very hit and miss).  Im tempted to run a firmware update but 1) talktalk want to use tr069 or their own update tool 2) updating may isp lock the wan side.
So a few questions if I may - do any 1.06t users know if this firmware function is isp locked for the vdsl / wan side ?
Has anyone managed to compile the open source code ?
Has anyone captured the official firmware files ?  The TT exe opens with several dll files and smaller exe which im guessing pulls in the firmware file somehow to tmp or ram.  This maybe exploited but woud liek to ask first ?

Rob

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #163 on: October 21, 2015, 10:02:43 PM »

RobV

Welcome to the kitz forum....

The config does not change on firmware update, so no ISP lock (my hg635 on plusnet ADSL was still able to connect).

Ian

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2015, 01:40:11 AM »

Welcome!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12