Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I don't see anything wrong with trying to fix slight abnormalities  (Read 10362 times)

konrado5

• Reg Member

If small abnormalities are caused by my home installation, it would be fine to improve it. Moreover, even if it is not possible to fix, I want to know the cause. I want to know something more about my circuit. I want to convert my Hlog to TDR for example. I believe it is possible to get significantly more information.
Quote from: kitz
and I cannot believe you have brought up the bell again.
You ignore our advice to get it moved, because it will make pock marks, yet you expect a telco to go digging up and replacing gauge cable. 
I've tried to explain why I have not moved doorbell cable. If I would have moved it, there is still doorbell cable further in the wall.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:48:45 PM by konrado5 »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: I don't see anything wrong with trying to fix slight abnormalities
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 12:08:10 AM »

If you do this again you will be banned and it will be a permanent ban.   We have been more than fair to you because of your condition.  But there comes a point when enough is enough.

Konrado5...You really need to start listening to what the site admin has said to you as the above quote.

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 12:12:34 AM »

I don't ask repeating questions.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 11:42:54 AM »

Stop it now Konrado, before it's too late.

We have been far more patient here, than most of the other forums you've joined, but our patience has come to an end.
  Eric

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 12:27:54 PM »

I don't ask repeating questions.

Whilst your questions are thought provoking, it could be said there is a clear repetitive and somewhat demanding undertone running through all your threads. Perhaps this is not your intention but this is how it comes across, unfortunately.

Something I've found helpful in the past is to create a 'diary' thread where I spam my findings and general thoughts. There is no obligation on anyone else to comment on my diary thread but any info I manage to glean, I try to explain in these threads.

I typically start the thread with a self reminder like, 'I need to find the answers to the following'

1. Very
2. Important
3. Reminders
4. Go
5. Here

As I trawl ze internetz, I update the thread accordingly. There is only ever one thread. I do this purely on a selfish basis because my memory is so bad, if I don't write it down somewhere I will be lucky to remember fragments of the stuff I've found out but really, it's a win/win because others can potentially learn from it too. Also, they can challenge my assumptions if they want so in some ways, it INVITES a response instead of me asking questions all the time.

Group 'affinity mapping' = win. Getting frustrated at lack of response = lose.

If no one posts in my thread, I take it to mean all my assumptions are correct. More win/win!

Something like this *might* help you?

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 01:15:35 PM »

I ask the same question again if I have additional information which can be helpful to ask. Moreover, it is often someone overlook my question. It is often I get answer when I repeat question.Moreover, sometimes it is happen that someone understand wrongly my question, why I repeat with better explanation what is matter. If it seems unpolite I sincerely apologize.

Best regards
konrado5

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 01:57:28 PM »

Something I've found helpful in the past is to create a 'diary' thread where I spam my findings and general thoughts. There is no obligation on anyone else to comment on my diary thread but any info I manage to glean, I try to explain in these threads.

What a fantastic idea.   Im quite happy for Konrado to have his own thread where he can summarise all his findings on the understanding that he doesnt pressurise other members to answer questions that we dont know, or may not have time to directly answer. A blog is another facility which may be helpful for konrado to put all his musings.  I bet theres a few of us who would find that an interesting read from time to time.

I think if he started again at the beginning and showed all his symptoms in a clear and constructive manner of the time frame it would also be helpful to others reading.   In the past theres been so many threads and graphs that any normal reader can get confused.  I often lose track of what konrado has posted and where.   Konrado has an ability and time to be able to source and read and investigate things that perhaps some of us dont and he has often found some interesting white papers.  Wouldnt it be good if he documented everything in one place?

Its not that we are against you trying to improve your line konrado - far from it!   What I think the problem is that with adsl nothing is ever black or white.  Its a miracle sometimes that the technology works how it does over a platform it was never designed for..  therefore there will always be some grey areas because out in the field adsl never works like it does under strict laboratory conditions.  adsl has a 'grey area' for which allowances have to be made because no line outside of the laboratory is ever going to be 100% perfect. ADSL will always have acceptable realms outside of the norm... and its a difficult art in trying to understand what is considered acceptable and what is actually a fault that should be corrected.

What I cant have though is konrado putting pressure on other members to answer a constant barrage of questions.  Members here are free to answer as they choose because we are all 'volunteers' who like to share what we can when we can.  Im sure most of us here know that konrado has some problems both with language and a special talent to focus in depth on one topic,  this is the reason why we have been far more accommodating than most other forums, but there comes a point as to when it frustrates the many of other forum readers than its time to call it it to a halt.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 03:13:50 PM »

I ask the same question again if I have additional information which can be helpful to ask. Moreover, it is often someone overlook my question. It is often I get answer when I repeat question.Moreover, sometimes it is happen that someone understand wrongly my question, why I repeat with better explanation what is matter. If it seems unpolite I sincerely apologize.

Best regards
konrado5

Your questions are boring. Repeating boring questions does not inspire anyone to help you. There is so little information in your posts, you may as well be posting in another language.

Seriously, this is fundamental stuff.

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 11:31:28 PM »

I've found something new about HAM band mask.
Hamband Mask is for masking out frequencies
that are used by hamband (ham radios) so
that those frequencies and their respective
tones do not interrupt the training process.
This is on page 24 (section Advanced)
https://supportforums.adtran.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/5553-102-1-6073/ADSL2__with_Carriage_for_Central_Office_Installation_and_Maintenance_Practice.pdf
It seems it is the card setting, therefore my ISP theorethically could change this setting only for me.

Best regards
konrado5

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 07:41:03 PM »

I have taken a quick look at that document. It is a nine years old, initial release, manual for a specific item of hardware.

You now need to establish if your ISP/CP uses that hardware. If they do not use that hardware, it is something of interest to note but will not be relevant to the broadband service that you receive.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 07:43:32 PM »

Is it card setting or rather whole DSLAM? Is it possible my ISP hardware is this accounting my "adsl info --vendor"?

ChipSet Vendor Id:      BDCM:0xa32f
ChipSet VersionNumber:  0xa32f
ChipSet SerialNumber:

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 07:52:41 PM »

I'm sorry but I didn't have time to study that document closely. You really should ask your ISP/CP if they are using that equipment.

All I can say, having seen the output produced by you running an "adsl info --vendor" command line, is that the DSLAM/MSAN has a Broadcom chip set.

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 07:58:04 PM »

Quote from: burakkucat
You really should ask your ISP/CP if they are using that equipment.
They doesn't want to inform me about their equipment.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 08:04:32 PM »

They doesn't want to inform me about their equipment.

That is unfortunate.  :(

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 08:47:39 PM »

Is Adtran related to Broadcom?
Pages: [1] 2 3

anything