Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: For info - (BT 2014 financial results summary)  (Read 1615 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
For info - (BT 2014 financial results summary)
« on: May 08, 2014, 08:26:21 AM »

Part of a message to us from the BT CEO.

BT publishes full year financial results to March 2014

Our year end results show we’ve made strong progress. I’m delighted we’ve managed to beat market expectations, growing revenue, profit and cash. I’d like to thank everyone for helping to make this happen. It’s a great achievement and we should take a moment to celebrate our success.
If we look at the investments we’ve made so far, they’re delivering for us.
On fibre we’ve almost doubled the number of homes and businesses now connected. Our rollout is ahead of schedule with our fibre network passing more than 19 million premises, around two thirds of the UK. This means, thanks to our investment, the UK now has the widest fibre broadband coverage of the five largest Western European countries. And we’re not stopping there. All our BDUK projects are underway and will help take the coverage of all fibre networks to at least 90% of the UK, bringing significant benefits to communities.
Over the last 10 months BT Sport has proved very popular and we’re delighted the service is now in around five million homes. For BT Consumer it underpinned a record 9% growth in revenue in the quarter and its lowest line losses in over five years. We also achieved an excellent 79% share of broadband market net additions. This is important as we’ve told investors to judge the success of BT Sport on the growth of the Consumer business.
BT Global Services delivered a 9% increase in its order intake this year and continued to see double-digit increases in the high-growth regions of the world. BT Business and BT Wholesale have also delivered decent order intakes. Our cost transformation programmes are also helping to drive strong cash flow across the group.
There is so much to be positive about. These results provide a strong platform to build on in 14/15. Going forward we can’t rest on our laurels. We have to deliver on all aspects of our strategy if we are to achieve our goal of delivering sustainable profitable revenue and provide value for our shareholders, customers and society.

--
edited by Admin (topic title)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 06:04:29 PM by kitz »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: For info - (BT 2014 financial results summary)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 06:05:05 PM »

Thanks for sharing BS :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker