Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: disabling windows services to improve broadband speed  (Read 1820 times)

Geekofbroadband

• Reg Member
disabling windows services to improve broadband speed
« on: May 11, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »

On my laptop which is plugged into the router with a cat6 ether bet cable gets a speed of 74Mbs down and 18Mbs up I'm with bt infinity 2 with the netgear r7000 router and the eci modem. But on my Samsung note 3 I get nearly 77Mbs down and just over 20Mbs upload is there windows services that I don't need I could disable also I have the killer wireless network manager is there a way I could just get the driver for that and not the suite because it's takes up quite a bit of bandwidth

Ducky

Re: disabling windows services to improve broadband speed
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 09:37:56 PM »

I have no idea, but would you notice the extra bandwidth...I used to have Infinity2 and got 75/19Mb, and to be honest most sites weren't fast enough to make the most of it.  :lol:

tommy45

• Reg Member
Re: disabling windows services to improve broadband speed
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 10:03:51 PM »

On my laptop which is plugged into the router with a cat6 ether bet cable gets a speed of 74Mbs down and 18Mbs up I'm with bt infinity 2 with the netgear r7000 router and the eci modem. But on my Samsung note 3 I get nearly 77Mbs down and just over 20Mbs upload is there windows services that I don't need I could disable also I have the killer wireless network manager is there a way I could just get the driver for that and not the suite because it's takes up quite a bit of bandwidth

You won't get any more throughput, because of the Bras IP profile, the max is 77.44 mbps , saying that you max throughput will be less than 77mbps probably around the 74-75mbps mark,(9.3/4MB/s) max  how are you measuring your throughput to provide these results? As speed test web sites even the BT PT can give somewhat questionable results, due to a number of factors

anything