Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: DSLstats v4.50 released (updated to 4.50.1)  (Read 26644 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats v4.50 released (updated to 4.50.1)
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2014, 10:13:37 AM »

For me v4.50 on windows was running for many hours without any errors so far.

What do you think about adding a counter which shows the amount of resyncs, maybe on the stats tab?

Yes, I can do that.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2014, 10:50:50 AM »

I've now made v4.50.1 the "official" upgrade.
  Eric

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2014, 07:33:32 PM »

Good evening Eric my ES/hour seems to be showing as zero yet the graphs shows I had errors in one hour, it was working yesterday and have had an HG612 modem retrain 4 to-day at 5pm because SNRM went below 4.5dB, I have restarted your app since the re-sync but still showing as zero  :-\

EDIT: no worrys it's started to display those ES/hours again at 19:54  :)

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:54:55 PM by NewtronStar »

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2014, 10:11:26 PM »

All still working fine here, so your mod fixed the problem it would seem  :thumbs:

I wonder if there's any use, other than for me, of a feature, thus :

Currently, DSLStats can be configured to email you when the SNM drops below a specified level.  This is great, and notifies me when the unknown neighbour-induced rein has started.

For me, at least, it would then be useful to know when the SNM has returned to it's previous level, or returned to a preset level. 

Maybe it could email when SNM drops below level x, then look for when it returns above user specified level y?

Ian

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2014, 10:42:27 PM »

Maybe it could email when SNM drops below level x, then look for when it returns above user specified level y?

Yes, that can be done.
  Eric

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2014, 10:46:18 PM »

Yes, that can be done.

That would be great, but only if it's useful to others!

Ian

ps can you make it play MP3 files for given events?  And have loadable skins?  And....   ;D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2014, 11:07:19 PM »

ps can you make it play MP3 files for given events?  And have loadable skins?  And....   ;D

:whip:
  Eric

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2014, 11:20:25 PM »

Currently, DSLStats can be configured to email you when the SNM drops below a specified level.  This is great, and notifies me when the unknown neighbour-induced rein has starte

Thats all fine & dandy but a email to say your SNRM is dropping below 5.0dB is not going to fix the reason why it's getting that low & when at home I can see this without an email so I don't see the point of this it's just App candy  ???

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2014, 11:28:07 PM »

Thats all fine & dandy but a email to say your SNRM is dropping below 5.0dB is not going to fix the reason why it's getting that low & when at home I can see this without an email so I don't see the point of this it's just App candy  ???

It's not going to fix anything, but I think it helps in gathering data if you have an email log that shows at 9pm on Sunday the SNM dropped to 2db then at 10:20pm Sunday it returned to 6db.  Currently it's only showing you when it drops, not when it recovers.  For me, at least, this would be useful.  It avoids having to wade through days worth of logged data.

However, I will continue to complain until the program contains an html5 compatible browser.  Oh, and can it be a Microsoft RDP client too?  Thanks  ;D

Ian

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2014, 11:39:34 PM »

It's not going to fix anything, but I think it helps in gathering data if you have an email log that shows at 9pm on Sunday the SNM dropped to 2db then at 10:20pm Sunday it returned to 6db.  Currently it's only showing you when it drops, not when it recovers.  For me, at least, this would be useful.  It avoids having to wade through days worth of logged data.

However, I will continue to complain until the program contains an html5 compatible browser.  Oh, and can it be a Microsoft RDP client too?  Thanks  ;D

Ian

Ok I forgot most ADSL users don't have an HG612 to run HG612_Modem_stats  :blush:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2014, 07:12:24 AM »

Currently, DSLStats can be configured to email you when the SNM drops below a specified level.  This is great, and notifies me when the unknown neighbour-induced rein has starte

It was added at a user's request, and I find it very useful myself, particularly for low SNRM events which occur in the middle of the night. It can also be useful for remote monitoring. Sure, it's not going to fix anything, but information is always a good thing.
  Eric

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2014, 05:58:07 PM »

sorry Eric just got my first ever error using DSLstats will check the event viewer for any info, but this is what came up on the screen with a ding sound.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »

sorry Eric just got my first ever error using DSLstats will check the event viewer for any info, but this is what came up on the screen with a ding sound.

Are you running 4.50 or 4.50.1? The former has a bug like that and the latter fixes it.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2014, 06:28:47 PM »

Are you running 4.50 or 4.50.1? The former has a bug like that and the latter fixes it.

Stuart

Using v4.50 at the moment have V4.50.1 downloaded but not yet installed.
Thanks Broadstairs

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2014, 11:52:57 AM »

Just noticed that on my errors tab the averages screen now shows zeros for all values when showing 24 hour averages, now having played with values they now show up averages for 24 hours starting today an 11:48. Not a big problem but strange none the less.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

anything